Staying the Course -- 11/19/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
A little sadness creeps into this Thanksgiving. Grandchildren will be away with other side of now-divided family. Last year, my son had them for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Days, and that was great. Next year, he will again. But the family division thing inevitably brings some sadness, even if the split-up was in some ways for the best. Anyway.... we continue to have many blessings for which to be thankful. And we'll be counting them when we take our son out to the finest Thanksgiving buffet in the area, and later watch the Redskins versus the Cowboys on TV. Talk about division -- I'm a 'Skins fan, he's for the 'Boys (but we aren't nearly as fanatic about it as we used to be)....

Tomorrow at fitness, out totally cool teacher Sarah is having a "Plank-a-Palooza" for us. (Lucky us. lol) I guess that means working off a lot of calories in advance (or pretending too, anyway). However, we should have doughnuts as a reward and a "I Survived Sarah's Plank-a-Palooza" teeshirt as well. How many one-minute planks can a 77-year-old guy be expected to do? Stay tuned.

Anyway I hope all is well with our Coursers, wherever you may be and whatever end-of-the-year occasions you may be celebrating. Blessings and joy to all!

Cheers,

Superbob

SB, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also. We ALL have very much to be thankful for! My own little family has been divided for quite a few years now and I know how you feel. It is sad in a lot of ways but I feel good in sharing my family and knowing that I, ME, this girl, is above all the pettiness others show when it only ends up hurting the children. Yes sir, take your son out for a nice dinner and start some new traditions. First year my middle son was divorced and I was also divorced from his Dad, we headed out to the movies, had long lunch and visit, and really enjoyed the comfort we gave each other. Sorry if it all seems a bit sad, but you just have to move onward and upward.

My course has been a little shaky lately as we moved from MT to AZ last week(just for the winter) and I have been fighting some tough edema. I have a cold that drags on and on and can't seem to get well enough for my flu shot yet and that just scares the crap out of me! Living with an autoimmune disease and heart issues has it's moments. I also have gotten a real case of the blues lately. I am taking a large dose of vitamin D per my doc and try to sit out in the sun each day so suspect it is a bit deeper than that SAD people get from lack of daylight. I definitely need more exercise to release those endorphins but the leg they took the vein out of for heart surgery has now even began "leaking". No blood but I know the leg has a lot of water on board. Gawwwwd, what next? I intend to just keep pushing through as best I can and try to not think about it so much. Got to head over to the wall, sit on floor, and get those legs up in the air for awhile. Will try the up in the air bicycle while I am at it. Picture that? lol

Go Plank them, SB! Wear the t-shirt as you enjoy a little pumpkin pie!

Wishing all you coursers that celebrate Thanksgiving this week a very happy one.

Hosting our own crew is a pretty full house already. Having in-laws over besides. Lots of cooking. F-I-L b-day celebration today (actual yesterday). Turkey Day tomorrow. My b-day Friday. A couple cakes, a couple pies, the Turkey is brining, tons of food. Doing a morning spin-a-thon (no plank-a-palooza, but I do what I can) starting today and for the next three to allow for the caloric increase.

Hope everyone one has a safe and happy holiday with their loved ones. For our friends overseas, eat up! Never a bad time to reflect and be grateful for all we have. Even if we face our own challenges, it could always be worse!

Happy Thanksgiving!

My heart goes out to all those who are separated from loved ones at holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are blessed to not be separated by marital issues - we are only separated by "sharing the holidays" agreements. Our daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons will spend Thanksgiving with us this year, then they will spend Christmas with our son-in-law's family. Then next year it will be the opposite - they will spend Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with us. This will be our first "quiet Christmas" in many, many years. We are sort of looking forward to it. No commotion, no fuss, just us. Of course, it is easy to feel good about the quiet when we know we were part of the decision to do things this way and that everyone is safe, happy and having a good time.

The last couple of weeks have been busy ones for us. Lots of activities at the local senior center, including two holiday luncheons with different groups at the center. We've been able to keep up our gym schedules until now. The kids' plane is due to land any minute, so I will soon be off to the airport to bring them home.

Happy Holidays, everyone! Be well.

Latest posts

Back