Staying the Course -- 10/28/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Wow, Martin -- report of your fall sent chills down my spine. That's easily the No. 1 hazard for we "mature" types. My wife has come a long way from her horrendous fall last December, but tomorrow she starts a round of orthopedic PT for pains probably related. As for me, I go to my cardio for first weekly INR clinic testing -- hope to be done with that by end of December. It's related to clots that were unleashed during my surgery. Then I hurry home hoping not to be late for my home PT appointment.

Regular cardiac rehab should be a breeze after all this. I look forward to it, actually.

Any of you all prepping for Halloween? I thought about using the recent surgery as an excuse to just leaving the house dark with no candy handouts to all the ghosts and goblins and Skywalkers etc. But today I thought, we've always done it -- and it's fun to witness the kiddie excitement, so i stocked up on big bags of candy Food Lion had on sale.

Happy Week to all, full of treats, no trips!!!

Cheers,
Superbob
🎃🦸‍♂️

Our forecast for Halloween calls for rain and very cold temperatures so I hope we have enough Trick or Treaters to empty the container of candy we have at the ready. My exercise and diet program is currently derailed, but I hope to get back on track one of these days. It’s good to hear that you’ll be starting cardiac rehab pretty soon, Superbob.

No children have come trick or treating here this evening and it will soon be time to go to bed. I saw some kids all dressed up earlier but I reckon they were just going to houses of their friends. DH will be tucking into the choccies I bought !

Getting decidedly cold over this way.

We easily had 300 trick-or-treaters. Lots of cute outfits and most said thank you. Though I had an enormous stock of candy, I ran out a little early because I was giving it out in quantities ensuring that it would empty out before my stores of stamina did. Hard work gettng up and down, and restraining the dawgs, and coming back in, time after time. I'm now signing out of home care and signing on to Cardiac Rehab starting Nov. 12, so I think my stamina levels will be increasing. Looking forward to CR.

BTW, I've lost 8 pounds since first of October without trying. Total loss since Sept. 18 surgery: about 25 pounds. My DW thinks it's great (in other words, 'bout time her lard-a$$ hubby became less chubby), but I wonder if it's all due to reduction in appetite. Maybe meds, maybe something else? Okay the ideal weight still lies below where I now am, but I would prefer to reach it without being on auto-pilot.

Latest posts

Back