Staying the Course -- 10/22/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
How wonderful to (at last) encounter fall along our courses! Hope all are going well.

Biggest thing for me is that I did the annual Heart Walk Saturday. My DW, who is a stroke survivor, ran the info tent for heart and stroke survivors.

It was a grand day. I wrote about it in my blog, so if you want to read more about that, here is the link: http://www.steadfastdawgwalker.com

Great exercise class today -- Instructor told everyone I completed the Heart Walk and I got a round of applause. After class, she said I seemed "particularly energetic" today. Appearances can be deceiving. but I am in a good mood, so maybe that gives the illusion of energy.

Anyway, got to take Ellie dawg on her walk now. She was miffed when I left early for class and hadn't walked her. Fortunately, it's still in the 60s at midday -- prime walking weather. Nothing at all like South Cartolina summer weather.

Cheers all,

Superbob

Nice job on the heart walk. Supporting the cause. It’s nice to give back when you can. Your workout class seems like a fun group. It’s can be a supportive environment when people loosen up and get to know each other and hold each other accountable.

Fall has has fully set in here. Temps dropping to freezing overnight. Highs in the 50’s. Leaves changing and dropping. School activities in full swing.

Just got back from a run. Did a 5k route in under 28 minutes. 4 seconds under to be exact. Best time I’ve run in 18 years! Evening run. 49 degrees. No wind. Flat route. Just my conditions.

Good job Superbob and Superman! You guys are super! lol

HB we must be on same page. I have decided to be a baker the last couple weeks. Can you say chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal cookies! Tomorrow is scale day so watch for my sad face :(

Time to renew my vows with my course. Have a good week and tell me to get out of the brownie bites I made.

I asked Cookie Monster and he adamantly says he has not become Veggie Monster. Sure he throws in a few words of encouragement for kids to eat the healthy stuff (and has done so since the '80s) but he still eats COOKIES! COOKIES!

Sounds like a cookieholic. Eats cookies in secret. Have you noticed that most of the cookies come straight out again? He could pour a whole box into his mouth and it all ends up on the floor.

Agian;n885544 said:
Sounds like a cookieholic. Eats cookies in secret. Have you noticed that most of the cookies come straight out again? He could pour a whole box into his mouth and it all ends up on the floor.

I guess you haven't had a toddler in your house lately. Our 15-month-old grandson will take the cookie, but much of it ends up on the floor anyway!

My mom always used to say "The good thing about grandchildren is that they go home at night!"

Glad everyone is doing well. We just came back from a junket to see/stay at the magnificent turn of the 20th century West Baden Springs Hotel in West Baden Springs/French Lick Indiana. The hotel's main atrium is six stories tall and is topped by a magnificent 200-foot diameter dome with NO support pillars. When it was built, it was declared the eighth wonder of the world. Over the years it fell into disrepair, but was restored a few years ago. It is really a neat old hotel, with lovely formal gardens and all the trappings of the luxury hotels of that bygone era (around 1901).

Now I am back at work - for my one week of this month. I've been here for all of 3 hours, and already it feels as if I never left. I told my DW last night that I not only have to suffer the "Post-Vacation Blues" but with my work schedule, I have it 12 times a year!

Had my annual pacemaker check a couple of weeks ago. Nothing of note. No rhythm issues. Still 6 to 7 years' battery life left (device is now just over 2 years old). All is well on that front. I have my semi-annual consultation with my oncologist next week. I already have the blood test results, and all is well there, too.

Life is good. Now hoping for some of those crisp, sunny fall days to go out and enjoy, but our weather forecast continues to average 12-15 degrees below normal temps with rain about every other day. Not my favorite type of fall. I think we are going to lose all the leaves before they turn colors this year.

Back