Staying the Course -- 10/21/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
A lot happening with me but I don't want this to be all about me. Most startling at this time to me is that today my cardio put in a recommendation for me start full-fledged 32-session cardiac rehab. Just one month past a heavy-duty surgery so thinking this is pretty quick, but suppose it's a good sign of progress. Besides, I've loved CR in the past.

How about what y'all are up to? Like to hear from one and all...

Cheers,
Superbob

I'm going through a phase where every ache and pain in my chest must be my heart. Fortunately it looks like I just have a pulled muscle on my left side, although I have no idea how it happened. I'm scheduled for my 1 month follow up tomorrow, so hopefully that will confirm the stents and new valve are working properly.

SB, good news on the CR. 32 session is good! I think I got 18 sessions.
Recovering from a hard fall last Sunday. Carrying some wood down my slope in the backyard and the step I stepped on rolled. My feet went out from under me and I came down hard. I landed on a railroad tie, upper bum (British term sound nicer). I have a bruise that is about 5x10 inches. Luckily I didn't break anything but I'm on Warfarin and that made the bruise worse. I'll try to walk tomorrow. Maybe exercise will help reduce the bruise.
Still waiting for paperwork to go to 32 hour work week. Hope the Dr. will sign it.
Happy Friday!

UGH, had an ugly week with stomach flu, then I closed the summer cottage on Long Island for the winter ahead of today's heavy rains. So today we'll stay inside and watch the Eagles try to salvage their season in Buffalo. Superbob, glad to read that you are progressing down the recovery road. MartinF, falls a awful. I live in fear of falling. At 6'5" I have a long way down to go!.

SB, good news on the CR. 32 session is good! I think I got 18 sessions.
Recovering from a hard fall last Sunday. Carrying some wood down my slope in the backyard and the step I stepped on rolled. My feet went out from under me and I came down hard. I landed on a railroad tie, upper bum (British term sound nicer). I have a bruise that is about 5x10 inches. Luckily I didn't break anything but I'm on Warfarin and that made the bruise worse. I'll try to walk tomorrow. Maybe exercise will help reduce the bruise.
Still waiting for paperwork to go to 32 hour work week. Hope the Dr. will sign it.
Happy Friday!
Just saw your post about your fall, Martin. I’m glad to hear that you broke no bones. I suffered a fall under circumstances similar to yours once and broke my right ankle. Then I broke my left one during a hard sky diving landing a few years later. I think the breaks contributed to the periodic arthritis flare ups I now experience in both ankles.

UGH, had an ugly week with stomach flu, then I closed the summer cottage on Long Island for the winter ahead of today's heavy rains. So today we'll stay inside and watch the Eagles try to salvage their season in Buffalo. Superbob, glad to read that you are progressing down the recovery road. MartinF, falls a awful. I live in fear of falling. At 6'5" I have a long way down to go!.
I’m over 6’7” and seem to have a talent for experiencing falls. That said, I’ve never been afraid or hurt from falls even some fairly nasty ones. Mostly just hoping no one saw me.

Had my 1st rehab session. Well, I had my first 30 minutes.

It was too slow paced for me and they are restricted by their rules to speed it up much. I had TAVR 5 weeks ago and cardiologist that performed TAVR has already released me with no restrictions, so I decided to manage my own rehab at a pace I am comfortable with.

I already monitor my heart rate and blood pressure multiple times a day, so I know what they should look like and feel comfortable monitoring them myself.

I think I was probably the 1st low risk TAVR patient they have had, and I didn't feel I needed the hand holding a moderate or high risk patient might need.

Latest posts

Back