Staying the Course -- 09/02/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Howdy! Been terribly busy with hurricane prep here in coastal Carolina. Late at night now. Will write more tomorrow. Just wanted to put a starter here for the new week. Awfully tired right now.

Cheers,

Superbob

Hi SB - I thought of you yesterday when I read that the dreadful hurricane was heading your way.

What with that hurricane in your area of the world and our government in chaos today......hope things will be okay for everyone.

Hi SB - I thought of you yesterday when I read that the dreadful hurricane was heading your way.

What with that hurricane in your area of the world and our government in chaos today......hope things will be okay for everyone.
Much appreciated! The morning report shows Dorian to be weakening somewhat and finally poised to exit the Bahamas (which have suffered terribly, having been battered by max winds and water for 2 full days!) and start moving north. The favorable news for now is that the track appears to keep the eye maybe 50 miles or so off the coast hereabouts, but there will still be wind gusts close to hurricane force and heavy rains. (And that could change with a wobble west.) Sounds now to be similar to Matthew a few years ago, which we got through okay. But max stress just two weeks out from OHS. Doing as well as I can, but feeling the strain.

I bet you are feeling the strain, Superbob. I hope Mother Nature calms down soon. We’re in Wisconsin and enjoying the cooler temperatures and drier air that vacationing 725 miles north brings. Wishing all Stay the Coursers a good week.

Wisconsin! Enjoying pies, I bet!
Yes, indeed, all best to all Coursers.
Final prep here for whatever Dorian decides to serve up here. (Probably not cherry pie.) Coastal storm surge is the biggest threat here, as I understand it. We are 5 miles inland, so we're not affected directly by that. Will get maybe some Cat 1 hurricane gusts and maybe 6-10 inches of rain by tomorrow though.
Son and daughter-in-law have abode in coastal evacuation zone, and so they packed up kids and all and departed for Georgia where they are going to take the Atlanta Braves up on their offer of free tickets for hurricane evacuees. So DW and I and 2 dawgs and cat holding down the fort here. I really didn't feel up to the stress of evacuation driving, and we've handled Cat 1 & 2 'canes okay in recent years.
Dorian is in a battle between two high pressure systems that are vying to control its direction. We're rooting for the one that would push it out farther in the Atlantic. That would lower the anxiety level a tad.
Okay, have a great week, Coursers!

I am having stents done today.

I woke up with so much nervous energy that I went out and mowed the back yard at 6:30 am in the dark! I'm ready to get everything behind me.

Latest posts

Back