Staying the Course -- 07/23/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Hello, guys and gals. Starting a new Stay the Course Week at an iffy time for our site. Nevertheless, hope you will check in. Or you have any comments/suggestions for Hank, please record them on the sticky above. Hope something can be worked put.

Lots and lots of tropical moisture coming up the coast -- we're getting plenty here in NE South Carolina but NC is expected to get a more direct hit -- as much as 8 more inches up there, maybe 3 or 4 here. One bright spot -- grass is beginning to grow in bare spots the dogs created with their tussling in our back yard.
-
Sub teacher today in our senior fitness class. I tried to convince her that we are supposed to get naps every 10 minutes, but she wasn't buying. So maybe because of smart-aleck me, we did lots of planks. : )

Cheers all,

Superbob

Haven’t posted in a while. Things are busy as always. Still getting to the Y four days a week or so. I’ve been able to bring back running to my regimen. I don’t dare try more than twice a week. Typically 3 or 4 miles. The Oofos sandals all day and the inserts in my running shoes are helping. I’m not cured, but I’m not getting worse. I dare say I’m seeing some improvement. Plantar fasciitis still stinks.

Weight has been holding steady at just over 200. Fitness level is good. Superbob has been an inspiration, so I’ve been mixing things up with the fitness classes. Finding out my core is weak. Hope I can improve that.

Taking the family on vacation next week. Some touring of our nation’s Capital followed by some hiking and exploring in the Appalachian’s. Should be a lot of fun. Hope I can stay the course while on the road!

It's been a few weeks since I've posted. Gained a few lbs a couple weeks ago and I think it's finally gone. Still not walking as much as I want to. It's been over 100 around here (115 one day). Hot spell started again today.
I was shocked to read the announcement about the future of the website. It sounds like the biggest hurdle is finding someone to take over the management of the system.
Signed up for our yearly Pancake Race, 5K, in September. I better start running to get ready. My 5K on July 4 turned into a dog walk.
Hope all are doing well this week.

Good Morning all! Weather seems to be a big part of our outdoor coursers exercising to maintain and lose.

SB, there you are playing the senior card again and it only makes the coaches more vigilant! Good for you and keep them guessing as that is half the fun. Oh that and being a senior has its privileges. We can say what we want and someone is bound to see the humor. If they can't .......better yet.......because we just don't care. Ha ha. I always just give them the look :)

SM, wishing you safe travels and a great time! Think I was almost 50 before I got to the capitol, and know, as a family, you will enjoy it. Little hiking thrown in always helps keep the kiddos' energy down a bit and nothing better than having fun AND tired kids at end of day. Foot problems run in my family and two bros had to quit running at early age because of it. Pace yourself and try not to agitate it. Easy to say and hard to do, for sure.

Martin, do you win pancakes at end of that race? Probably only way you would catch me running. Lot of my friends had those knee and hip replacements done and have seen some pretty gnarly results so not even thinking of going there. Of course you still have to be mindful of what it takes to keep these tickers ticking. Sitting is the new smoking (or so they say) and I try to remind myself just that. Plus it is such a good release for the body and mind. Stay cool and pass the syrup, please.

Record breaking news on my end of the course. It has been the first week in 10 months that I have not seen a doctor, been transfused, or entered an emergency room! Now that may seem a little silly to some but believe you me, you don't wish that life on your worst enemy. Hemoglobin is up over 10 with no bleeds and should be therapeutic with INR today, hopefully. Caught a cold from the grands and even that does not hamper my week as it did not require a doctor visit. I am starting back slowly again stretching, walking, and whatever else I can think of while my coffee cooks in the morning. At this rate I may be able to do some real exercise soon. Yes! My weight is still all over the place by about 8 lbs but considering the steroids and crap I have been through I am still fairly close to where I want to be.......that is until I see my new cardiologist next week. It is always fun with someone new as we break each other in, lol

Have a great week!

Hi everyone ! Sheltering here near London from the heat. It's 32C, 90F, in the shade. I know that's nothing compared to what some of you in the US get, but believe you me, here in England it makes headline news as our country cannot cope with such hot weather. It makes headline news with lots of advice for people on how to cope. I just stay indoors even though indoors is reaching 28 , 82F, becasue our house isn't insulated against the heat (or cold for that matter), so we just sit it out. So many weeks now and more to come according to the forecast.
I went to physio yesterday for my shoulder, had to walk 2.5 miles, so my first excursion for three weeks. I was drenched by the time I reached the hospital !
Today I feel like I'm about to get heat stroke, feeling that extreme tiredness and lightheadedness you get before heatstroke - I often get that in the Mediterranean where I kind of expect it if I overdo it when it's hot.

Hope you have a great vacation Superman ! And wishing you more days without those medical things going wrong jwinter !

Greetings all! No time to check the site while at work anymore with my new supervisor who is great but manic. Not really, but he has a full plate and seems to rely on me to deal with the stuff being thrown at him. Good to be busy.

No dancing last week but I went last night. She added a Tuesday class but I didn’t go tonight. Girl needs her rest. Still have Thursday to look forward to.

My my daughter and her two youngest moved in with me so it’s a bit chaotic and cluttered but I’m loving having them here, truth be told. I didn’t realize it but I think I may have been mildly depressed with all work and no play because I’m in a happier mood nowadays.
Paleowoman , sorry you are dealing with extreme heat. At least I sit in air conditioning all day at work and home. I hope England gets some relief soon.

Thats is all for now.

Latest posts

Back