Staying the Course -- 07/16/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Wishing all a good, safe, happy, healthy Staying the Course Week. I don't really have anything new right now. At least I don't have a downer to start the week with, as I did last Monday. Maybe will kick back and watch the Home-Run Derby tonight and the All-Star Game tomorrow night from DC, in which metro area I worked before semi-retirement and where I moved a bit in baseball circles. So congrats to the Nationals folks for hosting the big game, even though their team had a really disappointing first half of the season.

Worked really hard in exercise class today. Sarah is really, really pushing us these days -- we used to do just plain planks -- today she had us attempting side planks (not easy!), among other versions the name of which I forget (being an oldster, you know). Anyway, challenges are good.

Have a great week -- and look forward to hearing from y'all!

CHEERS,

SUPERBOB

Well, WTH! Where is everyone? Must be the post about closing. :( SB enjoy the game! I love baseball and wouldn't miss the Grands playing for anything. No future All-Stars but love the game just the same. Sitting in those bleachers, sunflower seeds in hand, bottle of water, and I am good to go.

Now about those side planks. Never heard of it before but sounds very painful. Keep it up and show them how we seniors do it! Last week's STC is history and each day forward is better than the one before.

I just got out of hospital. 2 week stay this time and I didn't even stay that long for OHS! They thought I had HIT so had to endure my heparin substitute through and IV instead of self injection. What a pain. Blood panel sent to Mayo confirmed no HIT so back bridging. I am 1.3 and getting close to my thereauputic 1.5-2.0. Looking forward to it and monthly draws. :)

Trying not to bore anyone here but I have had some interesting turn of events. My blood work is all good now and no transfusions for a couple weeks. I have to go back now and see my cardio, have kidney stone removed, see the hematologist that sent my panels to California for results, check with gastro for a new on the market drug for pbc, re check the full round steroids I took, and see my primary. Whew, makes me tired thinking about it (plus I need to rob a bank) Healing is on the agenda for me and I plan to stay that course all week.
Take care and don't take your health for granted.
All thoughts and prayers accepted

jwinter -- thank you for checking in, and hooray for busting out of the hospital finally. You are dealing with a lot, but sounds like you're getting ahead of it. Good bloodwork is good, believe you me! You continue to be in my prayers.

Yes, I think the coniseration of closing up ship depressed and deterred some from posting. I gather Hank is mulling options and no decision made yet. I hope and pray there is a way forward. Maybe donations plus a tweak of the technology will keep us going.

Meanwhile, shouldn't this thread of all threads send the message:

STAY THE COURSE!!!!

Week's not gone yet -- hope to hear from others.

We have some heavy-duty challenges going on in our family as well....to which I also say:

STAY THE COURSE!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all,

The defender of truth, justice and all good things,

SUPERBOB

LOL -- "coniseration" new version of consideration ... don't dare do a revision 'cause whole post probably would vaporize....that's okay, I don't mind that funkiness (careful spelling that!) ---- I love this place, quirks and all... may it live forever!

Superbob;n884295 said:
STAY THE COURSE!!!!

Week's not gone yet -- hope to hear from others.
I'm here ! Still having a heatwave in England - really awful, it's the humidity that makes it awful.

You have a pile of things to do jwinter !

I hope Hank doesn't have to close the forum as it is the only one of its kind. Adam Pick's is not at all intuitive and doesn't have forum topics or threads, not easy to find what a person wants or how to support others.

I always take a copy of my post before I press the 'Post Reply' button SB just in case the software zaps it ! And I discovered yesterday that it doesn't like too many links in a post either, nor links of a particular sort as it thinks they're spam even though they're not.

We're having hurricane-intensity rains right now, coastal Carolina, though thank goodness no winds. From a trip to London, I appreciate that heat and humidity hit hard there --- no AC in the big city in mid-summer was a probably, but the Cotswolds (where we visited a dear friend of my wife's) were far more pleasant. Thanks for the tip -- sometimes I do paste and save a post before sending but usually I am in a hurry and don't bother. Good thing to do, though.

I'm still here. Been busy. The week of July 4th, my 38 year old daughter and I started a 35 mile hike in western PA. We had planned this hike for months, but the preparation time was cut short due to the sudden death of my grandson the week before. I won't go into the details of the hike, but the morning of day 3 after 16 miles, due to extreme heat, a rattlesnake, severs thundershowers and exhaustion, we aborted the hike. It was one of the wisest decisions we have made. We no sooner got back to our car and the rain cut loose at the rate of 2" per hour. Flash flooding almost pushed my little car off the road, I can't imagine what it would be like on the trail with mud and exposure. We dried out after getting home and made the best of her visit for the rest of the week.

If I ever write up the experience, I'll post a pointer.

Then, I got busy with home projects including rebuilding a gas kiln chimney which includes replacing the footer, unstacking 1000 lbs of bricks, backhoe work, hauling gravel, mixing cement, all in the heat of the summer. It makes this 74 year-old worn out. The good news, my back is holding up and my heart is still ticking well. The bad news is I only loss two pounds and that is mostly water that needs to be replaced. When I work this hard outside, I don't even think of going to the gym.

I read about this forum being at risk of closing. That is sad. Just this week, there are people who this site has helped. It would be a big loss for all the data this site had accumulated over the years to go away. It will also leave a big void for those who come here to get support, information, validation, help, or just friendly communication. The number of active contributors may be small, but they are mighty.

It is a shame Hank can't find a way to offload the burden of his time to those willing to help and share in the expense. Wiki sites somehow work this out.

I'm too old and my finances too limited to provide much help, but like somebody once said: 'Any contribution is helpful'. I'll have to post a reply on that thread.

I do hope all is well and enjoy this group very much.

Hey Fred -- thanks for checking in. Yeah, you made a very wise decision aborting that particular hike. "Heat" got my attention (having just returned from another too-hot dawgwalk) but then you really got me at rattlesnake. Lot of slithering vipers around these parts too -- the time of year for it.

Fully agree with you on finding a way to continue this site. If you haven't already, please be sure to post your thoughts for Hank.

Cheers....

Latest posts

Back