Staying the Course -- 04/16/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Hey guys. Some interesting posts came this way last week. Gordo's tethered swimming was new to me -- fascinating!

I experienced great relief after contacting Medicare and finding they weren't denying coverage for my wife's terrible, life-threatening fall after all. I had been sweating that and getting no info from local hospital and so I went to the top, and -- praises be! -- got a nice person who said our insurance (which we pay a lot for) covered her emergency care after all. Whew! I had been preparing to go through a long appeals process, which I think I would have won when it got to independent panels; however that would have been extremely stressful and most likely expensive.

Our exercise teacher is taking a spring break vacation with family, but we have a sub who is working us oldsters as though we are elite athletes. Another reason to think my heart is A-okay -- did the hour-long class with no breathlessness or pain. Still waiting to hear from my 2005 surgeon who will review my CT.

Another very happy occasion -- my son got married last weekend. Second marriage -- confident he and his bride have found the right ones for them. It's her second marriage too. What is that lyric about love being lovelier the second time around?

Cheers all, Stay the Course! -- SUPERBOB, defender of truth, justice, and cranberry-orange scones...

Hey, SB! I've been off the board a bit lately, just coming back. I read up on all the changes to the board, and came right here to see who's around.

I'm glad it sounds like a few things are going your way, and also for your son and new daughter-in-law. I love it when things work out like that.

I've been "off" my exercise schedule a bit, with a lot of work then travel out East to see our daughter and her family. We got back yesterday. . . and can finally get some rest. Today was my first day back at the gym in about 3 weeks, and it felt like it. I need to stay with it for all of the next couple of weeks, because the third week I am back at work and may not have time to work out.

Hopefully I will be able to keep a better eye on things around here, especially now that the board software works so much more crisply. I'll watch and see who turns up.

Hey Steve, great to read you checking back in with us. Was afraid I might have chased you away with my occasional outbursts of pessimism. Yes, we've had some definite turns for the better lately.

I'm glad to see you've been visiting family and also keeping up the exercise.

I love the new site here. I actually hit the wrong key and labeled this thread 02/16/2019 .. saw error right away and corrected it in seconds. Wonderful.

Hoping others are likewise enjoying this new outlet and staying their courses well!

Great news about your insurance SB, iv'e mentioned this before but living in the UK
with a full and free medical system, the stress the US system offers must be difficult.

I'm glad the insurance are paying up 👍

Long dog walk today is the plan with my wife after i've been to the early session at the gym

Last edited:
Hey Jim -- great to see you back here! Always wonderful to get a good report from the cardio. I'm loving the new look of the site too. Hope you will check in with us and keep us posted how everything's going.

At nearly 60 and having the aneurysm in some ways being forced to find safer ways to train, especially with resistance training, is not all bad news. My joints are very thankful. I used to hate anything over 8 reps but now really enjoy 20 - 25.

Cardio is also much more enjoyable at a low to moderate pace and with the heart issue I’m more motivated to maintain my fitness. You don’t just take your health for granted.

Being in the waiting room for years can be a bit worrisome at times, especially around annual checkup time, but if like many out there it hadn’t been detected I mightn’t be here now.

I’m grateful that a site like this exists with so many helpful members here.

Ok, so Duffey’s back too! Hank’s selling the site was a shock but has brought back many memories and thoughts of the wonderful friends made and lost through the years. I’m thankful that Bob has seen fit-ha-to keep this thread on course.❤️❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back