Staying the Course -- 03/28/2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Okay, for me Monday is the greatest challenge to continue staying the course.

All my Mondays are manic!

https://youtu.be/NVGOyYyWxiA

My poor DW: today she had the convergence of a bad reaction to a new med, congestion probably caused by pollen, and a troublesome female problem. For the latter, we found an ob/gyn after encountering some who don't take Medicare. Hmmm. Anyway, we were blessed to find a congenial and helpful doc -- praying meds will clear it up without any procedure required at the hospital.

So we had a very rainy Easter Sunday here, but the weather this morning was absolutely gorgeous. Ellie and I enjoyed the walk under a Carolina blue sky and she treed all the squirrels. Got to take her on her evening walk now.

I have gained back 2 pounds of those lost 14 but I will attribute that to eating Mexican, Chinese, and KFC back-to-back-to-back over the weekend. I think I can be rid of the 2 and then make some more progress.

How's everything going with you folks? Well, I hope.

Cheers,

Superbob

Super Bob, Knowing that Mondays are difficult seems like useful information. I am sorry to hear of your wife's troubles and hope you are able to resolve these concerns quickly.

I have lost a couple of pounds and am glad about that. Unfortunately my huge Teddy went to the groomer last week. Going to the groomer wasn't the actual problem, it was the "I am not going into that horrible place and now I will run away from you" behavior that was the problem. He charged and I pulled the same muscle in my back the last time I had him on a leash and he charged. Next time, my dear husband will get to drop off Sir Ted. He can handle 165 pounds easier than me.

Amy

Hang in there, SB! You're probably encountering what I often do - the effects of all the extra sodium in restaurant foods. When you're out of the house and "must" eat at restaurants, it takes its toll. I often see my own weight jump up by 2-3 lbs. after a long weekend, and for me, it takes most of the next week to settle back to normal.

Our weather on Good Friday, Saturday and even Easter Sunday AM was great, so DW and I got to go out walking a bit. Not far - only about 2 miles each day, but still, that's 6 added miles. I actually lost a pound or two over the long weekend. I'm hoping to be able to keep up the extra walking to get back to my "summer" weight before summer actually gets here.

Amy - do you have a dog or a pony? That is one large pup. The biggest dog we ever had was about 70 pounds, and fortunately he was a gentleman. I'm sure, though, that if he tried, he could have dragged me all over the city.

Sure enough, Steve, I've already lost the 2 and am back down to minus-14 -- all attributable to making a Big Mac my sole meal yesterday. Not that I'm recommending the Bic Mac Diet or anything - it was just that running between doctors, that's all I had time to grab. Been eating too much junk! Back to sensible dinner tonight: broiled salmon, roasted potatoes, salad.

Amy -- that's some pup -- 165 pounds!? It's all I can do to contain 68 pound Ellie when she wants to leave my leash to chase squirrels. So I can imagine Teddy is more than a handful when he wants to gohis own way!

April 1 breaking news: just saw a black bear wander through our neighborhood. Knew we had a colony of 2000 of them in a nature preserve not too far away but the heavy thunderstorms must have scared this one out. Ellie barked and bayed at him and he ran back in the woods.

What's your news? : )

Back from a fabulous vacation in Amish country PA. Didn't hold back on any opportunity to more than sample the wonderful food and pastries. Only up 5.7 after 7 days of eating out and very little exercise. I'm claiming that as a victory! Back on WW today👍

Liking your sidekick in your avatar, Mr. Chimp! Bikini season has arrived (well, almost)....

You deserved all that Amish country food and pastry -- you will shed that 5.7 pounds in no time, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, thanks to my incredible walking dog, I have reached another weight-loss mark. Will save the numbers for thread-starter tomorrow.

Cheers all....

Latest posts

Back