Staying the Course -- 03/18/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Went over the echo results this morning, and next step is my cardio wants me to have a CT-Scan of chest with contrast. My valve looks fine, but she's a little concerned about some increase in size of ascending aorta in the arch area. She acknowledged that this could be, again, as it was 3 years ago, just a look at my replacement root that makes you mistake it for an aneurysm. But with a bit of increase in size, it seems reasonable to take a better look via CT. Echo gives you hints; CT gives you a more complete picture. Working on 15 years now -- close monitoring is welcome.

So other than that, I'm planning to resume exercise class this week.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Cheers,

Superbob

Nothing new to report here. Rain stopped for a few days but is returning. Received a call from my Cardiologist office reminding me to make my yearly appointment so will do that tomorrow. I've been experiencing some slight shortness of breath lately. I hope it's because of my lack of running and having a dog that I'm allergic to (and I have asthma).
Walking more regularly the past week. Work has slowed down. Not sure if it's because they're already moving work to other sites or if it's just a lull. Anyway, stress is down which is good.
Hope everyone has a great week. Spring weather is here!!!!! Martin

The CT sounds like a prudent approached SB, hopefully it rules out anything sinister , 15 years is great

Off to the gym now for an early ( UK ) session

Then it's out with the dog in the rain : (

Well, I got tired of waiting for "Central Scheduling" to call, so I called them and set up an appointment for a CT next Wednesday, The ask on the order, the assessment that is: "Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Without Rupture." Yes, please, no rupture. In fact U would prefer no aneurysm.

My Cardio recommended "No strenuous exercise." I did go to fitness class today but took it rather easy.

So I have a week to web-surf, obsess, over-think to ridiculous extremes, and ponder what to do if surgery comes around again. What surgeon, where, how, and particularly with my wife nowhere near recovered from her terrible fall.

Nevertheless, trying to stay the course.

Not much going on here either but want you to know SB, you are in my prayers. Go ahead and surf, obsess, and do what you have to do. Just remember what you wrote on your blog about WHO is in control.
Seems like when things go sideways it never is at the right time so handle it the best way you know how. Doc says no strenuous but you still went to class and participated. That alone, tells me something about you ;)

Now I need to reinforce my own course. Been digging into some spring housework as I brought home our second home items from Arizona. Not really fitting two homes into one but I sure got a lot of STUFF! All that crap just bugs me. I don't deal well with a lot of clutter. I am no superb housekeeper either, ha ha

Have a good rest of the week all and keep us posted SB.

Latest posts

Back