Staying the Course -- 03/11/2019

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
A Honeybunny sighting -- YAY!!! That will get me out of my tardy mode and start a new thread for a new week!

I share the frustration and disappointment discussed at the final portion of last week's thread. Pellicle's candor is welcome. I don't know anything to do about it but hang in there (stay the course, if you will)....but certainly further discussion is welcome.

You know, sometimes it seems we Coursers have become the most active corner of the site, certainly more than Small Talk. So there's some motivation -- maybe by just being here, we will help spur constructive changes. Hope my occasional moodiness hasn't turned some of our regulars off. For instance, Steve, you have been a stalwart here. Hope you will return soon. Others as well. HB -- I look forward to anothr post from you in this week's thread.

This week, I have the dreaded echocardiogram. I think it's been close to 18 months since I had one. No particular reason except my device has some mileage on it, and so it's due for a check. Have an apptmnt with the cardio Monday to discuss results -- right at my exercise class time, darn it; but I was told that was the only slot the cardio has open for a month, so want to be sure that mended ticker is good to go with further strenuous group workouts. Also will miss this Wednesday's class because that's the only time my wife's home PT has to visit her. Guess I'll just have to make myself do the workouts solo (easier said than done).

Well, that's all I have for now.. the dog is barking up a storm, maybe I didn't tire her out enough on our morning walk.

Cheers all,
Superbob

Good luck on your echo, SB! Remember that is why we stay the course.

Sun is trying to shine here. Cheyenne WY is supposed to get their worst storm ever and we hope to not catch the end of it. Lots of snow banks left to melt but it is trying.

I have INR check today and was a bit high last month at 2.4 . Could have been most anything (maybe too many happy hours in AZ?) but expect it will be good today.

Yes, I miss seeing others here. Guess we will have to give away prizes? I already have mine so don't need to get a ticket. Great to be here as a year ago it wasn't looking very good. Haven't been to doc in ages but will see pcp next month to get scripts updated.

Stay the course and check in with us when you can!

Hi SB and jwinter, and anyone else ! We've had a bit of a storm here in England, not the kind of storms you guys get in the US, but anyway, very strong, gale force winds. A neighbour's tree, about 15 feet high, fell down in our garden on Sunday when the winds were at their strongest. We were thinking there'd be problems about getting it cleared and claiming on insurance, but a tree surgeon we know came over today and said he'd chop it up right there and then for us. It was like magic with the right tools for the job (and hardly charged us much).

Wish your echo goes well SB !

I typically don't contribute to the Throwdown (am a bit of lurker on these posts and perhaps, I should be contributing), but wanted to wish SB all the best of luck with his echo! :) I am always a little anxious when my echos come up now that I have mileage on mine, too. Fingers crossed all goes well for you.

Best of luck with the echo SB

I have a check up too at the end of the month, recently had a routine MRI so i'll get the results of that

Paleowoman Hi Anne, get yourself a wood burner installed, problem solved :) ( i love mine )

A wood burner sounds delightful! Thanks for all the well wishes for tomorrow's echo. The very nice tech has been doing these for more than 30 years, and with great care and competence. She usually gives me a few hints as to how it went (folo with cardio is Monday) -- so if the tech doesn't volunteer any observations afterwards, I WILL be nervous! : )

Latest posts

Back