Staying the Course -- 01-11-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Hi and welcome to new Staying the Course Week.

As briefly noted at end of last week's thread, we did adopt a new doggie from a wonderful shelter here on the Grand Strand that tries real hard to find homes for all. (Thery had rescued her from a high-kill shelter.) She is a retriever mix, and has a sweet face reminiscent of Sadiedawg. (A retriever plus maybe a Carolina dog or coonhound? Has the good retriever traits plus some other good distinctive sounds and ways.) She comes to us as "Ellen" but we call her Ellie. She is 7, so a senior like us, but she has a lot of puppy-like energy. Likes a a good walk twice a day, and one short pee walk at bedtime. This morning she kept bringing me a ball as if to let me know she likes to play ball, too. I threw to her in house but going to work on outdoor ball-playing cause she bolted and ran the neighborhood when she got out door first day here. Maybe with help of grandchildren as perimeter guards I can teach her going out off the leash is for playing ball. She's sweet and we love her. She stands up on her haunches and waves paws at you like a showdog. Oh and on Day One she stood up and used those front paws to open the storm door -- really! So she's an extra remnder to always lock the doors.

I've never had much luck posting pix here. Pasting link to my blog which has a pix and my first write-up of the life of Ellie. I've tried to post a pix as attachment but no can do.

http://www.steadfastdawgwalker.com

Hope all of you are having a good start to the New Year. And so yes in addition to an aqua trainer (temporarily) I have a full-time resident personal trainer, Miss Ellie!

Big game tonight. I am usually an SEC fan but going for home-state Clemson tonight over Alabama. Wonder which side the Gamecock fanatic, Mr. Chimp, will be on. Hope it is a great game.

Cheers to all

Superbob

No Title

I downloaded Ellie's pic and posted it for you :)

She is just lovely! I'm so glad you adopted an older girl. All mine have been rescue dogs or strays we adopted. You will enjoy each other for many years to come.

Attachments

• photo9030.jpg
    photo9030.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 98
Ellie looks like a super sweetie, Bob! I love dogs, but I have to admit to a special love and attachment to both puppies and "mature" dogs. It sure looks like you have a great companion in Ellie. I'm really amused that you found that she could open doors, and I hope that although you may lock your doors, you will not have to "lock up" her sense of adventure and creativity.

I'm looking forward to many years of great, fun stories of her escapades.

Thanks, guys! Is that a mischievous ("who me, open doors?") look or what? She has really become attached to me, and I think we will put the first-day running-away problem behind us. For one thing, she keeps proudly presenting me with a toy ball, letting me know she is a ballplayer. I think if I start playing ball with her in the backyard that will become our thing, in addition to the morning and evening walks. Her main walk is right out of bed in morning, new for me but almost certainly good for me.

Greetings. All well in Chimpville. I'm losing a few pounds and enjoying the cool dry weather. Bob, the pup looks like a sweetie!

As a 100% Gamecock you might think I'd pull for Bama but this South Carolina boy pulled for Clemson the whole way. Shame the Tigers lost but no shame in losing by 5!!

Bob, I'm so pleased that Ellie has taken up residence in your home. As I mentioned elsewhere, your post gave me the push needed to brave our 26 degree temperature and take our Yoshi for a long walk yesterday and today. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

It's 16 degrees with a windchill of 6 degrees and everybody here in MN is saying how nice it is and how we all need to get out and take a walk today. : ) Inspired me to walk over to my appt this afternoon. Supposed to get to 31 tomorrow!! Whoo hoo! Unfortunately I will have appts all day including yearly echo so i won't have much time. And weekend back to high of -5. Might be time to get back to the gym!

Well boo - going back to cardiologist in 6 mos for a TEE as mitral valve seems to be worsening per echo today. Never good when the first question is a heavy "SO . . how ya feeling? . . . .Are you SURE?"

BUT there's an outside chance of balloon procedure #2 vs OHS depending on what they find from the TEE, which I didn't think there was.

Just gotta do my job which is to keep up my overall health. I think I need some of SuperBob's patented Steely Resolve.

Sorry for the troubling news from the echo, dornole. I can only offer that in my experiences echos are sometimes inexact or misleading. Hope that TEE in six months presents a better picture for you. Sounds like you're keeping up the walking, which is great. Be careful of that cold weather, though. I will gladly share some of Superbob's "steely resolve" ... : )

Wow! I know this rate of loss can't continue but a week after adopting Ellie and walking her at least twice a day, I have lost 5 pounds. Maybe with my sweet doggie's help, I can lose another 10 by the end of the year -- and keep it off.

Latest posts

Back