St Jude Valves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a while, I can only hear the clicking when I TRY to hear the clicking. I don't know if my wife, or others, now hear the clicking enough to complain about it. When doctors listen to my chest, they hear it.

To me, it's either non-existent, or just not that big a deal.

I tune out the clicking, but with my body type and build my valve is loud enough to get picked up on my phone when taking videos. My wife is so used to the sound that it is difficult for her to fall asleep without the clicking next to her. It doesn't bother me and friends just find it funny how loud it is. When I am hunting and concentrating on listening for sounds, it becomes almost deafening and it is hard for me to hear anything beside my heart valve. The valve works great and I would not change it for anything else. It may be "loud" but most of the time I subconsciously tune it out.

Zach - don't get a cheap, loud, mechanical watch. I got an old Mickey Mouse watch a few years ago, wore it on my wrist, and my wife thought I was having arrhythmias. (The mechanical watches tick 6 or 12 times each second).

Zach - don't get a cheap, loud, mechanical watch. I got an old Mickey Mouse watch a few years ago, wore it on my wrist, and my wife thought I was having arrhythmias. (The mechanical watches tick 6 or 12 times each second).

Oh I definitely wont haha When I got home from the hospital and was still drugged up from my surgery I went over to a clock my wife had in the kitchen that I had never noticed the clock ticking sound before and pulled the batteries out. Apparently all I said was "I'm the only one that gets to click" and then sat back down in my chair that I spent a lot of my recovery in. No mechanical clocks are allowed in our bedroom anymore either haha

Latest posts

Back