Some photos to relax with.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is a great view of the arm of Milky Way. Pretty great Astro work mixing with topside. I want to start doing that . Mount it on top of the OTA for guiding. Don’t have to do too long with dslr.

My first attempt at 2xmag of 50mm lens doing a stacked video file. Then did some minor pp. Not a dedicated solar scope but pretty happy happy with there zoom upgrade. I find looking at a ball of 70%Hydrogen and 30%helium fascinating how it is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.jpeg
    IMG_0430.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 0
My first attempt at 2xmag of 50mm lens doing a stacked video file. Then did some minor pp. Not a dedicated solar scope but pretty happy happy with there zoom upgrade.
indeed

for some time I've been wanting to add a solar filter into the 'filter holder' of my Sigma 500mm f8 catadaioptric lens and mount it (for which I already have an adaptor) on my m43 camera (making it a 1000mm equivalent lens.

So far I just haven't bought the film and made the adaptor.

I would wonder if my shutter speeds (preferring to stay below ISO 800) will be sufficient for not needing a driven equitorial mount. Any thoughts?

PS in the past I've done a bit of eclipse work with my FD300f4 lens
eclipse5.jpg

Some cropping is evident here with only 600mm effective length. Even f4 was insufficient without a lunar mount as we got to totality
eclipsetotality.jpg

worse when I exposed it to 'see the colours'
eclipse10.jpg

motion blur was unacceptable

PPS: I notice full size of those (poor) images is not working so please refer to the original blog post for details if desired
https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-blood-moon.html

Last edited:
indeed

for some time I've been wanting to add a solar filter into the 'filter holder' of my Sigma 500mm f8 catadaioptric lens and mount it (for which I already have an adaptor) on my m43 camera (making it a 1000mm equivalent lens.

So far I just haven't bought the film and made the adaptor.

I would wonder if my shutter speeds (preferring to stay below ISO 800) will be sufficient for not needing a driven equitorial mount. Any thoughts?

PS in the past I've done a bit of eclipse work with my FD300f4 lens
eclipse5.jpg

Some cropping is evident here with only 600mm effective length. Even f4 was insufficient without a lunar mount as we got to totality
eclipsetotality.jpg

worse when I exposed it to 'see the colours'
eclipse10.jpg

motion blur was unacceptable

PPS: I notice full size of those (poor) images is not working so please refer to the original blog post for details if desired
https://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-blood-moon.html
For Solar Filters I highly recommend Baader Planetarium solar film for the aperture of your scope. Guiding is recommended to get sharp shots. You want to use short exposures with moon, planets, and sun. Longer exposures with DSO. I would say equatorial mount is the best for astrophotography but the little Seestar has made a liar out of me and cheating system by doing 10 second exposures and stacking on an Alt/Az mount. You will definitely need shorter shutter speeds to overcome blowout. Been a long time since i have shot on film. Don’t think i could go back.

Best attempt so far at Heart Nebula, Only capture right and left atrium and AV node (LOL). Will need to try a mosaic on multiple nights. Or will try with different scope. Reflection nebulas are hard for me to photograph.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: V__
Back