So great to be home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbecker

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I appreciated
so much Eva's connecting with you. Got home Sunday evening
after almost 2 weeks in the hospital. After the PVC's came
tachycardia about 170 beats a min. and atrial fib. for 2 episodes
that each lasted 24 hours. They tried cardio conversion 2 times
did not work. With medication they seem to finally get it under
control. They believe it is how my heart was responding to
the stress of surgery. Will stay on med. and over a 3 month
period be tapered off. Hoping for the best. I had excellent
care and couldn't ask for better doctors and nurses. I believe
the 2 episodes kind of took the starch out of my sails so have been
a little slow in getting back to the computer or much of anything.
Laura B.

Welcome home Laura & hopefully all the bumps in the road are a thing of the past for you! Rest, eat, walk slowly & rest again! I hope your recovery goes smoothly from now on! :)

Stay well!

and yes, Eva was an angel to keep all of us abreast of your progress! :)

Happy you are home, Laura, and hope you have an uneventful recovery. Go slow and take good care of yourself. The rewards for allowing your body to heal slowly are huge.

Laura:

Glad to see that you're back home. I'm praying you have smooth sailing here on out.
I got a chuckle out of your comment about the "starch" being taken out of your sails. Then noticed you live in California -- where there are no doubt lots of sails. :) Am hoping that you are able to get those sails flying again in no time flat.

Welcome home Laura. It is great to see you are slowly on the road to recovery. I hope everything continues at a good pace. I'm sure your sails will get starchy in a few weeks. Take Care:)

welcome home laura. sleep when you need to sleep and don't over do it. if you sleep during the day and have a hard time at night just remember that will change after you have been recovering for a while. so sorry to hear about all the bumps in the road but hopefully that is all over now.

Good to hear from each of you. Have had a visiting nurse on Mon. and Thurs. to draw
blood for INR. The medicine I am on for a limited amount of time is Amiodarone which
is suppose to keep the heart out of atrial fib.and tachycardia can effect the INR very rapidly. INR on Monday was 2.5 and today was 3.6, so blood being drawn at least 3 times a week. I am hoping that because of this they will let me do home testing. I've talked to doctor about this. I'm walking about 3 blocks a day the last 3 days, and as you all have said taking it slow and easy.

Guess I have been rather absent in writing. Seems I just haven't felt like being on
the computer. Wed. I will be 6 weeks post op. Received the surgeons notes on
my surgery the other day and after reading them no wonder it takes awhile to
recover, the body goes though a lot. My main complaint is sleep, I have been taking
Ambien for about 2 weeks and would like to stop it, but when I go to bed I just
lay there, I read other notes about sleep, encouraging to hear I am not alone.
Last night it seemed my heart was rather irregular but most of the time I have
not noticed any problem. My blood pressure seems to vary quite a bit. In the
morning it can be high, and even last night it was elevated, other times I take
it and it is low, did not have this problem before surgery, it was always low to
normal. Guess I just shouldn't take it and then I wouldn't know! Looks like
there has been a lot who have had surgery recently, let me encourage you that
it does seem to get better with each week.

Back