snowboarding

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

got a new one for xmas, im excited to get back on

think my sternum is good to go? in may it will be 2 years since i had my surgery. how crazy is that? time flies.

I'd bet your sternum is as strong as ever now. I've been leaning on, bumping, smacking and being hit in mine since about 7 months post surgery with no apparent effect. I do find that the if something hits me hard sometimes it hurts more over the bumps I think are the wires. The hardest smack I gave it was when I was foolishly riding a beach cruiser down a potholed street in Mexico (is there another kind of street in Mexico?) no-handed while drinking a coffee. My foot slipped and I came off the pedals hard. My sternum came into direct contact with the bicycle stem (the bit which holds the handlebar). No problem, and no damage to anything but my pride. That was 1.5 years post.
Happy New Year, have fun on the slopes, and wear a helmet!

got a new one for xmas, im excited to get back on

think my sternum is good to go? in may it will be 2 years since i had my surgery. how crazy is that? time flies.

Justin has snowboarded, terraine park, not just downhill, a few months after his last couple surgeries. Surgeries in May and June he was snowboarding that winter. before Christmas. He broke his arm on a rail but his sternum was fine. He even snowboarded the winter after his heart surgery was followed by another surgery where they removed some of his sternum and all the wires because of infection. He was a little sore but really never snowboarded or skateboarded or played contact sports before surgeries.

Go for it!

And, be sure to share pictures of your adventures with us. :)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm going to make it to heaven" __ Irene Cara __ 'Fame'

Latest posts

Back