slower but still pacing well

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumoRunner

I ran a mile on the track Tues. night, 10:02. I slowed down a bit this year. I'm 66 now and a few lbs heavier. My mile was 10:11 last month, so it's getting better. What I liked about this one was the way I paced 4 laps very evenly, 2:29/2:32/2:30/2:31. I'm like a metronome when I get in shape.

Ran a 5K on Sunday, so I only had 2 days recovery. At this age I need a bit longer between races, so I'll try again next week and see if I can't get under 10 with a little more rest.

Great news! I am having a CABG (single artery) and an aortic valve repair and I am hoping my performance will improve. WHile I have had severe regurgitation for 5 years, it did not seem to be a problem. The LAD stenosis was a complete surprise found during pre-op tests. Anyway, 1 year ago I could do 5 miles in 50 minutes. But by May I was struggling to run 2 miles at 12 minutes per. And while my biking did not fall off as much, it also suffered. I am really hoping that I will be able to do better after the repair so stories like this cheer me up. I am afraid to do too much right now but am hiking and walking to keep my limbs working. WHat kind of heart rate do you have resting and while running?
/joel

Good luck and I hope you have continued progress.

Back