Slightly dilated aorta and chest pain?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsy

I had my mitral valve replaced due to bacterial endocarditis over 5 years ago. On my last echo my cardiologist mentioned I had a slightly dilated aorta and said it wasn't anything to worry about but we'll keep an eye on it. The last couple of weeks I have occasionally felt some mild pressure in my upper left chest and last night while I was exercising it seemed to get a little worse. It's nothing severe but I notice it. Is this possibly related to the dilated aorta. I'm going to make an appointment with my cardiologist and have things checked out, I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Hi, Do you have copies of you echo? It would probably help to know the measurements, but I would tend to think if the echo was fairly recent a slightly dialated Aorta wouldn't be causing the pain. Chances are many people's aorta's are slightly dialated and they never know and it never causes problems if that helps.
Justin's Aorta has been mildly dialated for several years, they just keep an eye on it along with everything else they are watching.

Latest posts

Back