Six Month Check Up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FredH

Had an echo done and the person doing it said the surgery was perfect. She said if I had not told her I had a new heart valve she would not have been able to tell. She said it was on of the most perfect jobs she had ever seen. I guess my surgen knew what he was doing at Cleveland. Everything else checked out good and I am swimming over 40 minutes a day. :)

Last edited:
Great news Fred

Great news Fred

Great news Fred .....hope this continues for you ..keep in touch ...
Scottie

Good going guy! We're trying to follow your path. When this valve surgery works, it sure seems to work well!

Echo

Echo

How lovely to have the actual evidence that its looking so good. Great news.

Fred,

I am going to the Cleveland Clinic on June 28 for a second opinion and evaluation. I was diagnosed in 1975 with Aortic Stenosis. In an echo, as part of my regular physical, my cardiologist said it was time for a valve replacement. He is suggesting a St. Jude mechanical valve. I am 59 and in very good physical condition, take no medications and have had no real symptoms. I have read so much about the Cleveland Clinic that I am covinced that it is the place to have my replacement done. How did you reach the decision to go there? Who was your surgeon? Do you have any suggestions that might be helpful for me?

Re: Six Month Check Up

FredH said:
Had an echo done and the person doing it said the surgery was perfect. She said if I had not told her I had a new heart valve she would not have been able to tell. She said it was on of the most perfect jobs she had ever seen. I guess my surgen knew what he was doing at Cleveland. Everything else checked out good and I am swimming over 40 minutes a day. :)

Fred,

Who did you use at Cleveland?

Crystal

robert s said:
Fred,

I am going to the Cleveland Clinic on June 28 for a second opinion and evaluation. I was diagnosed in 1975 with Aortic Stenosis. In an echo, as part of my regular physical, my cardiologist said it was time for a valve replacement. He is suggesting a St. Jude mechanical valve. I am 59 and in very good physical condition, take no medications and have had no real symptoms. I have read so much about the Cleveland Clinic that I am covinced that it is the place to have my replacement done. How did you reach the decision to go there? Who was your surgeon? Do you have any suggestions that might be helpful for me?

Robert,

What was the result of your meeting? Who did you meet with at the Cleveland Clinic?

Crystal

This is wonderful news, Fred. Remember when you had your surgery. I know your confidence has risen a whole lot since you got these results. God bless:D :)

Hi Fred,

Congrats on your good news. You will really start feeling like yourself as you move forward over the next 6 months!

Hope your good checkups continue!

Rob

CONGRATULATIONS!

CONGRATULATIONS!

It's a wonderful feeling! So happy to hear your appointment went well.

Here is to many, many more positive test results!

Fred

Fred

Hi Fred! Good to hear such good results from another Cleveland Clinic grad. I go in next month for my 18 month echo. The 6 month one was like you said. My home cardio seemed truly impressed. Was also glad to see my heart going back to normal size and no thickening etc.

Congratulations and here's to many more such echos!:)

Fred - Good to hear. I just went for my echo July 5 and the tech said there was very little leakage. Glad we are both doing good.

Latest posts

Back