shoulder problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Birky

Has anyone experienced an impingement of shoulder and had surgery for it? It seems since I had OHS 3 years ago the shoulder has gotten worse and I finally couldn't stand it any longer so I had it looked at. Got cortisone shot and that didn't work so I started physical therapy last week. I think the whole body is falling apart. Doesn't want me to take any anti-inflammatory with the coumadin as I had before the OHS.

Marcia,
I had what was termed a "frozen shoulder." Is that what you have? I had very limited range of motion for almost 6 months and pain to boot. Cortisone shots did nothing for it.

Marcia: Have you had your cervical area looked at? Often, shoulder and arm pain is caused by an impingement in your neck.

Must be catching

Must be catching

Shoulder pain?:D I think I pulled a muscle under my armpit..about 3 weeks ago..when I bought an Ab Quest.(To try to get rid of fat tummy):eek: I have had pain in left shoulder. Cremes seem to help...(Ben-Gay, ect.)Neighbor said, he did the same thing..but right shoulder..Bad because he has to sleep on right side for his sleep aphea machine. :eek: ....I'm trying to just baby it..Asked hubby today..if I should get a sling?He said, NO..:D You need to use it..( didn't work.trying to get him to vacuum, ect.:p )Hope you feel better. Bonnie

Hi, I just banged my shoulder up also, I think I did it at the gym but I also think there was a lot of muscle weakness from the OHS. My doctor wants me to have an MRI but I am going to wait and rest it in the sling and hope it just gets better!!!! I find that biofreeze helps but I don't think you can but it over the counter, hope it gets better.. Rose

I'll bet PT will be your salvation. I have a couple of friends who had similar stuff and PT really helped.

Best luck.

I had PT on my shoulder for three months until I ran out of #of visits insurance would pay for the calendar year. My shoulder almost immediately started to get better after they ended. The physical therapy was causing me so much pain that I believe I was afraid to move it. Once it was only me working with it, it slowly got better. Today I have almost all my range of motion back.

I had no shoulder pain at all until ..

I had no shoulder pain at all until ..

about 5 weeks after surgery. My right shoulder started hurting but it went away. Then about 2 weeks later it came back with a vengeance. This time it was both shoulders. It lasted about 4 days and went away. Came back 2 weeks later in my right shoulder only but my right arm also hurt BAD. Lasted 2 days and was gone but this weekend my left shoulder started hurting. Today pain is gone.I am going to the doctor Thursday. They think it might be a pinch nerve. If it is, I have no idea what they can do for it.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for all your replies. My next step I guess is an MRI. I did get some pain pills from the Dr. yesterday and at least got some relief last night. This started about 6 years ago and had therapy then which did not help. I then got a cortisone shot and that lasted until the OHS and it has gotten progressively worse. I had 2 shots in the last 8 mos. It seems that there is not enough room in the shoulder to degeneration and bone rubs on bone at time causing the pain. I hope it gets better soon,

Back