Shots with mechanical valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuincyRunner

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Does anyone out there, especially if they have had endocarditis, have any concerns about taking a TB test or even a flu shot for that matter? Inquiring mind wants to know because I want to volunteer at Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare and they require those immunizations. I was raised to be leary about these things. Scold me if you must but the TB bacteria has some sort of link to endocarditis. Thanks for any and all replies.

Also have a flu jab every year, the main thing is that you do not have a live vaccine from what I’ve read,

Iv had the TB vaccination years ago and injection site becomes a nasty hole of yuck for quite a few weeks before it heals which Im guessing might not be good with a valve.

Guess I haven't had TB testing but have had flu shots, shingles shot, pneumonia shots, and series of hepatitis shots (do not have it but these are so I never get it) Between Mayo Clinic, cardio, and also pcp, they constantly bring it up and will grab you right there and give flu shot if I have not had it done by early fall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back