Senior Olympics --- Anyone Participating?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Just wanted to let you all know that I have signed up for this year's Senior Olympic Games which commence next month!

I will be signing up for the Women's Air Pistol/Gun Supported event. I have always loved shooting and since I stopped doing the Archery tournaments about 7 years back, I have missed being involved in something that is not too rigorous and that my physical health can tolerate....so here we go!

One must first qualify in regional and then state. If you qualify in your state, you get to go to nationals which will be held in Minneapolis, MN next year in the summer.

I hear that some of the ladies in this event are awesome so, wish me luck! :smile2:

One must first qualify in regional and then state. If you qualify in your state, you get to go to nationals which will be held in Minneapolis, MN next year in the summer.

I haven't seen that in New York. There is a NY Senior Games in June at Cortland NY just south of Syracuse. The competition in track & field is way too fast for me. I did try a couple qualifiers for the Empire State Games (not just for seniors) a few years ago and never came close. I ran a 5000 meter track race back when I was 40ish and running the best times of my life, but still came in last in my age. I did get 2nd place in 800 meters at one of the regionals when I was 60. Luckily, there were only 2 of us in the age group.

I haven't seen that in New York. There is a NY Senior Games in June at Cortland NY just south of Syracuse. The competition in track & field is way too fast for me. I did try a couple qualifiers for the Empire State Games (not just for seniors) a few years ago and never came close. I ran a 5000 meter track race back when I was 40ish and running the best times of my life, but still came in last in my age. I did get 2nd place in 800 meters at one of the regionals when I was 60. Luckily, there were only 2 of us in the age group.

It is every other year that you can compete in nationals if you place in your state. I thought of competing last year but if I had placed, this year was NOT a nationals year. So I opted to wait for this year, just in case I place and if my health and finances hold up and see if I can make nationals. It would be a treat to visit MN since I've never been there.

Latest posts

Back