See Heart Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dl_mooney

Got the ok today to see Dr. Bushnell (Heart Surgeon).His office called me & left a message,Got in contact with them I now have a May 18 at 2.45 pm,appointment,My Cardiologist sent them my records.Understand that he hears what his patients say,So thats good. Another step completed.Looks like the surgery will take place at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura Ca.

Got the ok today to see Dr. Bushnell (Heart Surgeon).His office called me & left a message,Got in contact with them I now have a May 18 at 2.45 pm,appointment,My Cardiologist sent them my records.Understand that he hears what his patients say,So thats good. Another step completed.Looks like the surgery will take place at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura Ca.

Sounding great,these steps will lead you finally to final step of surgery.
Heres good luck with your appt on 18th to yet a closer step for you.
keep us posted on your surgery date when available.Sounds like your
in good hands.God Bless.
zipper2 (DEB)

Have you asked this surgeon about his Experience doing Mitral Valve Repairs and his Results?

I would want to know How Many such surgeries (MV Repair and MV Replacement) he performs each year and how his patients are doing.

They gave me a DVD to watch .As of 2003 he & partner had done over 3000 OHS.

I would ask for a little more info, about how many mitral valves he has done, since most of the stats are probably CABGs unless they specified differently. (and how many of the 3000 were his surgeries and not his partners)

Back