searching for the right thing to do

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alesia

I had 2 chest tubes and it was healing until I had a velro chest hugger scratch it off. Now one is alittle wet inside and my question is.....how to deal with the wound. Also on my hand I have a vein with a bump on it.......should I be worried ? On Warfarin and have an ONX valve. TIA

I have no idea if you are at home or still in hospital or how long post op you are. However, I would suggest a dab of pure honey on the wound and cover with a silicon bandage like mepilet.
​​​​

nothing you've said suggests that the wound is infected, so honey will act as an antibacterial barrier (and you probably have some already in the house) and also keeps the wound moist (which is good for healing) and makes the covers easier to change. I'd give it that for 1 or 2 days then just let it air dry again.

keep an eye out for the surrounds of the wound getting red and swollen or any liquid discharge from the wound.

best wishes

Yes it red around it and had it covered with a gauze pad and tape. Came home and removed it and it had discharge on it. People were telling me to let it air dry and I do have honey but not sure how organic it is....

Hi

alesia;n883676 said:
Yes it red around it and had it covered with a gauze pad and tape. Came home and removed it and it had discharge on it.

marks on the gauze it not notworthy discharge ... stuff that runs down your skin or squirts a few cm is ...

People were telling me to let it air dry and I do have honey but not sure how organic it is....

air dry won't harm it at all, you only need to cover it if you are going to get it touched by stuff (clothes, pets ...) and organic is mumbo bullshit for selling hipsters stuff that costs between 5 and 90 times what its actually worth. My wife was a beekeeper and nothing makes her blood boil faster than some hippie going on about "organic honey" (BTW, research how bees make honey, and why). Just as long as its not a mix of Honey and cookies, or honey and [insert some stupid marketing idea]. Just off the shelf decent quality honey ... doesn't even matter if its a bit old ... that's the point NOTHING grows in HONEY because Bees depend on that for them and the life of their hive.

pellicle;n883679 said:
...., organic is mumbo bullshit for selling hipsters stuff that costs between 5 and 90 times what its actually worth. My wife was a beekeeper and nothing makes her blood boil faster than some hippie going on about "organic honey" (BTW, research how bees make honey, and why). Just as long as its not a mix of Honey and cookies, or honey and [insert some stupid marketing idea]. Just off the shelf decent quality honey ... doesn't even matter if its a bit old ... that's the point NOTHING grows in HONEY because Bees depend on that for them and the life of their hive.

I like to say that everything is organic. Some things are just more highly refined than others. Plastic toys started out as decaying plant matter millions of years ago.

alesia;n883670 said:
I had 2 chest tubes and it was healing until I had a velro chest hugger scratch it off. Now one is alittle wet inside and my question is.....how to deal with the wound. Also on my hand I have a vein with a bump on it.......should I be worried ? On Warfarin and have an ONX valve. TIA

In the US, these are the kinds of questions I would ask my surgeon's nurse. She'd call back and give me an answer...no additional charge, no need to go to a clinic. When I got into cardiac rehab, I'd ask the questions of the nurse at rehab, since I was going 3x a week it was convenient and part of their job. Since you are in Canada, I am not sure if your system is set up this way.

Superman;n883680 said:
I like to say that everything is organic. Some things are just more highly refined than others. Plastic toys started out as decaying plant matter millions of years ago.

agreed ... although Sand is inorganic ... well anything that isn't carbon chemistry really ... So Benzene is "organic energy"

Ha!

pellicle;n883696 said:
agreed ... although Sand is inorganic ... well anything that isn't carbon chemistry really ... So Benzene is "organic energy"

Ha!

I’d like to add that oil is a renewable source of energy. It just takes a really long time. :rimshot:

Superman;n883699 said:
I’d like to add that oil is a renewable source of energy. It just takes a really long time. :rimshot:

Since we are doing that
Solar is nuclear
and even renewable energy will be exhausted when the sun goes red giant

alesia;n883815 said:
I guess my stitches were taken out too soon. So I have antibiotic cream 2 xs a dayand let it air dry. So far is seems to be working. [h=3][/h]

glad to hear its under control :)

Best wishes

Latest posts

Back