School is ridiculous!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RossGurlie

For those of you who saw my schedule for this year, let me tell you -- IT IS TOUGH! I've already had a major test in English, tomorrow I have a quiz in AP World History, have been assigned a major project and a poem due Friday in English as well. Oh, and not to mention my ENDLESS piles of homework! My first speech competition is September 7-8 and I need to read up on world events AND write and memorize my speech, all very soon. All of this while trying to balance babysitting my little brother, cooking dinner (most nights), trying to clean a little before my mom gets home, AND the non-profit organization I'm a part of. Sheesh! Okay, okay. Enough of my whining. I need to sign out and do some homework. :mad:

You've got WORK to do kid. Best get at it and forget about us ..............just for awhile.
Best of luck on your speech, poem and everything else that is on your plate.

Freddie

Sounds like you've got an awful lot on your plate.

Could something be set aside temporarily -- not your little brother, I'm sure, :) but maybe the work with the nonprofit? Also could some dinners be prepared in advance and then thawed for dinner? Just a couple of suggestions. With such an ambitious (and praiseworthy) academic schedule, you are going to need to budget your time very closely.

You can handle it, though, I'm betting. And you will gain from the experience when you go to college and start a career.

Hello. I am the president of the school board in our small (population) and huge (area) school district. We would all kill to get students like you! Keep up the good work. It sounds to me like you are doing great.

Are you sure advanced classes is where you should be? The load is terrible. It was when I went to school too and I could not maintain a decent grade in them.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies! I am less freaked out now. I've finished up most of my homework besides studying for my quiz, which I'm in the middle of doing now. In regards to the question of whether I think I should be in advanced classes -- I would never want to be anywhere else (ultimately). Though I know that the load is difficult, I really think that challenging myself is the only way to go. I have been in GT all of my school career and have been taking every advanced class that would fit into my schedule and have yet to get a B on my report card. I know it's tough, but I can do it! And not to mention, I need these classes so that they can raise my GPA and class rank. I'm currently #4 (out of 550), and want it to stay that way!

Okie dokie. Gotta go! Thanks again.

My God, reading your postings a question come to my mind.....are you for real or are you one of those "virtual" individuals?:confused: :D
How can you keep up with that schedule

Ross said:
Are you sure advanced classes is where you should be? The load is terrible. It was when I went to school too and I could not maintain a decent grade in them.

No Comment:cool: :D :cool:

I would have crashed and burned as soon as I read that schedule:eek: :eek: :eek:

RossGurlie said:
Thanks for all the replies! I am less freaked out now. I've finished up most of my homework besides studying for my quiz, which I'm in the middle of doing now. In regards to the question of whether I think I should be in advanced classes -- I would never want to be anywhere else (ultimately). Though I know that the load is difficult, I really think that challenging myself is the only way to go. I have been in GT all of my school career and have been taking every advanced class that would fit into my schedule and have yet to get a B on my report card. I know it's tough, but I can do it! And not to mention, I need these classes so that they can raise my GPA and class rank. I'm currently #4 (out of 550), and want it to stay that way!

Okie dokie. Gotta go! Thanks again.
Well then, your a better person then I was academically. :D
I tried hard to stay in advanced, but the load was too tremendous for me to sustain and make good grades. I found the advanced classes to be a lot more educational then the standard classes, but with all that extra knowledge came extra test questions that I certainly tried to remember, but couldn't. :(

Latest posts

Back