Scars and ticking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Anyone done plastic/laser surgery to expedite the disappearance of or remove/eliminate/minimize post ops scars? I have no interest in having such a ghoulish reminder defacing my body especially as a single person actively dating.

2) Anyone go mad from the noise of mechanical valve ? Ever get used to it ? Does it disturb others ?

3) Anyone out there dating post op ? Did having VR affect your dating confidence in any way good or bad ?

4) Any go through VR 100% cash no insurance ?

5) Did you rent an AIr BNB to get larger space closer to the hospital so you could get back to the hospital if needed and get a larger space to accomodate visitors/hired help ?

Thanks !

Hello,
I’ll answer your questions with my experience.
1. Never had a desire to remove my scars, I actually don’t mind them as they serve as a reminder to me what I’ve gone through.
2. yes! I hate the noise my valve makes. Mine ticks and thumps. I hear and feel it all the time. It’s like somebody is beating on my chest from the inside, and at times it can be very intrusive. I’m almost 3 years post 2nd ohs and I’ve gotten used to it- but still find it annoying at times.
3. No- I’m married
4. No
5. No - luckily I love pretty close to the hospital I chose.
Hope this helps some!

Hello,
I’ll answer your questions with my experience.
1. Never had a desire to remove my scars, I actually don’t mind them as they serve as a reminder to me what I’ve gone through. I want mine gonne
2. yes! I hate the noise my valve makes. Mine ticks and thumps. I hear and feel it all the time. It’s like somebody is beating on my chest from the inside, and at times it can be very intrusive. I’m almost 3 years post 2nd ohs and I’ve gotten used to it- but still find it annoying at times. This sounds bad
3. No- I’m married--you are blessed
4. No
5. No - luckily I love pretty close to the hospital I chose. Ok
Hope this helps some! Thx

1) Anyone done plastic/laser surgery to expedite the disappearance of or remove/eliminate/minimize post ops scars? I have no interest in having such a ghoulish reminder defacing my body especially as a single person actively dating.

2) Anyone go mad from the noise of mechanical valve ? Ever get used to it ? Does it disturb others ?

3) Anyone out there dating post op ? Did having VR affect your dating confidence in any way good or bad ?

4) Any go through VR 100% cash no insurance ?

5) Did you rent an AIr BNB to get larger space closer to the hospital so you could get back to the hospital if needed and get a larger space to accomodate visitors/hired help ?

Thanks !

I don’t think you should come into a forum full of ohs survivors and announce that you think all of our scars are, “ghoulish reminders defacing our bodies.” Take that garbage elsewhere.

Physical scars always sound like they are the least of your issues. If someone wouldn’t date me because of a scar, they aren’t worth my time.

Last edited:
1. Scars are cool in my neighborhood. Especially gun shot wounds.
2. Google is your friend. Plus if they went mad, they wouldn't be here.
3. You've asked this before. Your OHS is not your biggest impediment to a relationship. Google is your friend.
4. You've asked this before. Give it a rest.
5. You've ask this before too. You know the answer.

Why litter the forum with the same questions? It's hard to take you seriously.

I don’t think you should come into a forum full of ohs survivors and announce that you think all of our scars are, “ghoulish reminders defacing our bodies.” Take that garbage elsewhere.

Physical scars always sound like they are the least of your issues. If someone wouldn’t date me because of a scar, they aren’t worth my time.
We can agree to disagree --I don't thinks shoving my cardiac concerns to others works-I understand the pride in having survived OHS but I would rather not have physical evidence of it....It ain't garbage it's just my opinion...You've got your own issues as well genius...None of us are clean..

1. Scars are cool in my neighborhood. Especially gun shot wounds.
2. Google is your friend. Plus if they went mad, they wouldn't be here.
3. You've asked this before. Your OHS is not your biggest impediment to a relationship. Google is your friend.
4. You've asked this before. Give it a rest.
5. You've ask this before too. You know the answer.

Why litter the forum with the same questions? It's hard to take you seriously.
I am serious about everything...You litter the forum with your offensive comments

Maybe if and when you get on the other side of the OHS fence you will understand the other recent comments made here, and how they may be coming off as offensive to other members,

I have friends who have had heart transplants, friends whos grandchildren have had 3 OHS by the time they turned 13,
my father lived out his life for 36 years AFTER avr and died from something else,
Im more concerned with looking at my pot belly than my scar when I look in the mirror lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back