Scared to Death for Husband!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Aimee

Just a note on the wink wink!
They said no wink wink for six weeks!!
I guess i must have heard wrong, and I am sure they said six days!!!!
Or was that six times a week?? I know there was a six mentioned.
Didnt do any harm,but sure did a lot of good !

Cheers Dave

Aimee and Kevin-
Good luck with the surgery! I hope that Kevin flies through it.
It makes all the difference once it's over. You feel so much better!

-mara
Ross Procedure
7/12/01

welcome to the forum!

welcome to the forum!

Hi! You will find a lot of support on this forum. I just had my Mitral valve replaced with a bovine bioprosthetic valve. What is wrong, if I don't mind, with your husband's valve? Where are you guys getting it done? THere are so many wonderful people on this site that can help answer your questions. I found out that I had severe Mitral stenosis when I got pregnant with my second child. I had my valve replaced at University of Washington in Seattle by Dr. Edward Verrier, the cheif of Cardiac Surgery. I went into a coma in January of this year, and they saved me and my unborn(now he's 4 months old) son. Your husband will make it and feel great about 2 months after his surgery. TRUST ME!

Hi Joy!

Hi Joy!

Joy,

Hi! Nice to meet you! Sounds like you have been through alot! I am glad you are doing well now! Thanks be to God! :)

Kevin has Severe Mitral Valve Regurgitation with a slighty deformed valve (longer than a normal valve) , plus some tendons are coming unattached from the sides of the valve. I am not sure what the technical terms for all of that is, but that is what is going on with him. We are doing the surgery at The Texas Heart Institute at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital. He is seeing Dr. Leachman (cardiologist) and Dr. Duncan (Cardiac Surgeon). We are praying that everything turns out for the best and they can repair the valve instead of replacing it. October 11th is our date of surgery.

Love,

Wink, Wink!

Wink, Wink!

Dave,

Glad to hear the wink, wink is going good for you. I am hoping we are back at the wink, winking before we know it, after surgery that is! :)

Take care!

Love,
Aimee

Hi ya'll

Hi ya'll

The waiting will be bad, but the night before was the worst for me. Having surgery out of town we had to spend the night in a hotel. Way too much time to think. It sounds like you have a good sense of humor, good you will need it. Kevin will be fine. Just tell him to keep the pillow handy, watch out for sneezing, coughing and laughing ( OUCH ). He will understand.

I had avr and two bypasses on the 17th of July and am already back to work. So he will be up and around soon. Be sure to keep us all posted.

You, Kevin and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

P.S. Watch out for the GREEN jello.

Hi! I still remember my first sneeze! OUCH!!!!!!!! I laughed at Rob for the comments on his sneeze, but it really does sneak up and BOOM! It felt like my whole chest was going to cave in on me! Coughing hurt too, especially when they pulled the breathing tube out of me(which I remember, vividly) I never got the jello, but I did get the yukky milk of magnesia. I thought I'd never taste THAT. It was DISGUSTING!

By the way, the doctor said that I could do wink wink with my husband as long as I was creative. I didn't even have to ask. You won't want to for a couple weeks, but then, you get back to normal. :D :D ;) ;)

Welcome!

Welcome!

Hi Aimee,
I wanted to add my welcome to the others. You are truly blessed to find this site. It was my life-line when my dad was diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis this Aug. We have been home one week from Cleveland (where he had his surgery). He feels stronger every day. He will be back on his 5 mile bike rides before we know it!! Please tell Kevin that he will do just fine - just like my dad..... Oh yes, also tell him my dad is 80.
Blessings to you - you will be in my prayers.
Cindy

Hi Amy and Kevin,

Just wanted to wish you luck for October. My surgeon was a Mr Duncan in the U.K. and he was excellent so i am sure there is something in the name!. Just on the wink wink topic if it is a prosthetic valve the increased clicking is a dead give away if you get my drift. Take care guys. You are in our prayers.
Adrienne.

Back