Scar from surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I didn't know where to post this and it's only indirectly related to heart surgery, but it is directly due to post surgery scar. I don't follow the UK royals much but was drawn to something in today's press about the wedding of Princess Eugenie. She had major back surgery when she was younger and she wanted her wedding dress to show the scar. I was pleased to read that because sometimes I'm proud of my heart surgery scar - and shouldn't we all be too :)

'Princess Eugenie: 'I wanted my wedding dress to show my scar': https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45835711

(If the link doesn't work for those outside of the UK let me know and I'll post a photo from it.)

Your link works fine.

I remember a young Brit who was on this forum and has since passed at a young age. She had multiple OHS surgeries since her earliest days and said something along the lines of "Don't feel sorry for me because of all my scars. Since I am still here, I view each one as a triumph for me and those that have helped me."

tom in MO;n885376 said:
I remember a young Brit who was on this forum and has since passed at a young age. She had multiple OHS surgeries since her earliest days and said something along the lines of "Don't feel sorry for me because of all my scars. Since I am still here, I view each one as a triumph for me and those that have helped me."

She had a great attitude. Hats off.

Fundy;n885382 said:
I believe the young Brit you mention is Sarah_Lousie. I found her optimism in spite of what seemed like a continuous battle to survive since she was born, to be inspiring.

For anyone not familiar with her, here is a link to her first post here.
http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/forum/small-talk/37288-helloo

You are correct. Here's the quote I butchered: "Don't look at my scars and feel sorry for me, look at my scars and feel proud of what i've acheived.""

And another: "But one thing i have learn't, i will say is, "LIVE FOR TODAY, DON'T LOOSE TOMORROW BY REACHING BACK FOR YESTERDAY" :)"

Latest posts

Back