Saw cardiologist

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I saw my cardiologist for review today after my echocardiogram last week. The result is that the valve leaflets are still fine. The pressure gradients again increasing: mean 35 mmHg, peak 56 mmHg, which will be due to the patient prosthesis mismatch. I go back to see cardiologist in a year unless I get any problems meanwhile. So I can put this out of the way for the mo !

Good news, Anne. 👌🏼
Hope that’s given you some relief to hear.

We know a year soon flies by, but great you’re free to enjoy another summer without too much concern for pending heart issues.

Big best to you 🌷

I am often thinking of you with your upcoming AVR - how are you ?

All good, Anne

Still awaiting the call from admissions with a date. Any day now, I imagine. They say ...

The cardiac surgery admissions coordinator will contact you once all your investigations have been collated and a provisional date has been arranged. There should be at least a week's notice prior to admission.

I think most of my ‘investigations’ have now been done.

In the meantime, I’ve been pottering and preparing and reading Valve Replacement dot Org and walking and talking and yesterday trying to rescue a baby magpie from the claws and jaws of a determined cat. But I arrived on the scene a bit too late and the fledgling was killed.

I love the crow family. I hand-reared a magpie as a boy and Pica (my magpie) and I got along handsomely. He’d fly round the neighbourhood, harassing my neighbours’ washing lines and getting me in trouble because he would soil their drying sheets and clothes. He’d fly down and sit on my shoulder and make a fuss.

Eventually Pica spent longer and longer away from me, flying off for a day or two, then a week, until finally he was gone. Every time I saw a magpie in the months after his disappearance I’d call out his name, just in case. But the wild had absorbed its offspring and Pica never returned.

Even now, all these years later, when I see a magpie I’m tempted to call out Pica! Ha.
B3361C34-18D8-49D8-A3AE-A42197414B4A.jpeg

Anyway ... I digress. 😂

I’ll keep you posted re a definitive admission date. I’ll be breathing steady and deep until then! Have fun yourself and speak soon.

I saw my cardiologist for review today after my echocardiogram last week. The result is that the valve leaflets are still fine. The pressure gradients again increasing: mean 35 mmHg, peak 56 mmHg, which will be due to the patient prosthesis mismatch. I go back to see cardiologist in a year unless I get any problems meanwhile. So I can put this out of the way for the mo !
Great news!

What a lovely story about Pica ! It's amazing how clever some of those birds are. We have several magpies in our garden so I will call out "Pica" next time one comes near.....just in case !

You sound well prepared for surgery Seaton. I hope you don't have to wait too long to be given a date. And I know you're under a good surgeon as I've read good things about Chris Young :)

Even now, all these years later, when I see a magpie I’m tempted to call out Pica! Ha.
View attachment 887108

Anyway ... I digress. 😂

I’ll keep you posted re a definitive admission date. I’ll be breathing steady and deep until then! Have fun yourself and speak soon.

Last edited:
Here’s our very tame local magpie (Mrs M) who enjoys gardening with us. Unfortunately in this instance she decided where my wife planted her new seedlings was a great place to sun bathe.
Oh glory be! Great photos @Gordo60 And Viva Mrs M 😃 What a beauty. I hope the seedlings survive ... hahaha.

The European magpie is the funniest of creatures when hand-reared and have their own agenda when it comes to comfort!

I’ve heard your Australian wonder has the most glorious vocalisations. Long may they continue!

Thanks a bunch for posting. 🙂

So happy for you. It is always a relief when things are still going strong. You keep going strong. Apparently you are dong a lot of things right, keep it up. Hugs for today.

Latest posts

Back