Saw another cardiology

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie-62

On March 2[SUP]nd,[/SUP] I saw another cardiology. What a difference, From night to day.
I was happy that the another cardiology sent my primary doctor all the test results even my blood work.

My new cardiology received everything she needed. Explain the echo gram to me, to where I am. I will follow up with her in July for another echo gram
I guess this is the waiting room where I am right now.
Told me to watch for any symptoms and If when I get any to call her, or go to the hospital. Still in the moderate and Severe for my aortic valve stenosis

Gave me a number of 37 which is still moderate, and 40 would be severe. I have to get better at this chart.

I was a little over whelm and happy in how much she talk to me about my heart. I am staying with her.

It's great that you've found a cardiologist that suits your needs. You need to have confidence that your questions are answered and your concerns addressed. In the meantime, make yourself comfortable in the VR waiting room.

I love it when that happens -- the patient takes control of their path and finds a doc who not only has the medical/technical capabilities, but also treats the patient as a person, not a file. Good job, Marie!

May you have a long and uneventful stay in The Waiting Room - the virtual room where many folks await their own turns at valve surgery. I spent almost 11 years waiting, and during that time I learned a LOT about my condition, its remedies and what to expect. When the time came for my surgery, I was as calm as could be, and in spite of my personal complications afterward, I've done just fine. You will, too.

Thank you all. I won’t lie that I am scared. When my anxiety gets in, I walk it off. This works for me. Plus, having my new cardiology doctor gives me relief. I think when surgery is ready for me, I will be ready. Getting all the information about my heart, and the questions I have ready for the surgeon. I am just amaze of all the people having valve surgeries, even one of my doctors.

Hi
glad you're dealing with the roller coaster of the waiting room ...

Marie-62;n874155 said:
...I am just amaze of all the people having valve surgeries, even one of my doctors.

well I think it is excellent too ... imagine how many more people would be just ill and dying before their time without it!

Its an excellent intervention and I'm glad that I got to have 3 bites at the cherry ...

I agree with Steve..taking control of the situation and developing a relationship with your medical staff helps relieve the natural anxiety that we all experience...my 4 year anniversary is coming up on the 18th.....I have an echo tomorrow...insurance agreed to pay for it this year...last year they did not!:Smile:

Back