Sammy just had his "six month" check up on the 3rd

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delvalle6

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I wasn't really myself this visit. Maybe the last visit and the five month drag out of results wore me down, I don't know.
The Dr. said his ventricle had increased in size and that we need to go back in three months. I got the impression that the increase was somewhat significant, but she didn't say that and I didn't think to ask. All the other numbers and tests had similar results to the ones done in September. I still don't have the MRI results I was so excited about.
**sigh** so this is kinda like pregnancy right? The closer together your appointments the closer to surgery you are? We were at two years, then every year, then every six months.. now three months.
There is a part of my that wants him fixed- just get it done and get him better, and there is a part of me that wishes it would never happen, that we could drag it out for years.

No darling.....trust me, you don't want it to drag on for years!

Your Sammy is only 8 years old with his whole life ahead of him but if he doesn't get "fixed up" his life span will be compromised! You know this, so you must be Sammy's rock & encourage him & not let him see the fear that dwells within you.

I truly believe that Sammy will do just fine with his surgery & it will open up a brand new life for him......kind of like a re-birth!

Hang in there.....we're here to support you as much as we can! :)

No darling.....trust me, you don't want it to drag on for years!

Your Sammy is only 8 years old with his whole life ahead of him but if he doesn't get "fixed up" his life span will be compromised! You know this, so you must be Sammy's rock & encourage him & not let him see the fear that dwells within you.

I truly believe that Sammy will do just fine with his surgery & it will open up a brand new life for him......kind of like a re-birth!

Hang in there.....we're here to support you as much as we can! :)

Njean is right.. Sammy will be in my prayers. We're all with you .....

devalle6,
I do understand your frustration and just want to encourage you to stay positive & have faith that everything is as it should be. And it will be ok! You are doing all the right things. Be confident in that! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son!
Luv, ~Karen

"Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today." ~Author Unknown

Samantha, {{HUGS}} ... I hope things stay stable during the next 3 months with Sammy. I know exactly what you mean when you said in Andrew's thread that you just wish that nothing would have to be done for 50 or 60 years. But, you know, as moms, we would still carry that worry with us for all that time ... and if our boys had their surgeries when they were 50 or 60 year old men, they would still be our babies, and I am thinking it would still be so very difficult to watch them go through. I guess at that point, they would be making all the decisions on their own ... so maybe that would make it a bit easier on the moms .... but I would do anything in the world, I think even 50 years from now, to trade places with my sweet son and make his defects mine to spare him ever having to endure surgeries.

Wishing you and Sammy the best!!! Hang in there, mom!!! We know it's tough. We're here if you need us. Please use us for anything; venting, questioning, whining, support....... we're thinking of you!!

:) Marguerite (right down the I-205)

I would do anything in the world, I think even 50 years from now, to trade places with my sweet son and make his defects mine to spare him ever having to endure surgeries.

I made the mistake of reading this at work... brought tears to my eyes because absolutely, in a heartbeat I would trade places with him... but then I imagine my mother feeling like this too... and it's a no win situation.

Sending big hugs. I'm totally with you guys on trading places--how much easier it would be if we could! If it were me having the surgery I'd be worried, but that would be nothing compared to this. I try to remember that kids are resilient, and when they recover from their surgeries (faster than you or I would), they should feel better than ever before. Here's hoping Sammy and all our guys have more years before it's necessary though. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. You sound like an amazing mom.

Latest posts

Back