Salted Peanut Chews

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily

Premium Level User
Here's a delicious recipe that I'm preparing for friends today:

SALTED PEANUT CHEWS

Combine:
1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup soft butter
1 egg

Press into ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake 12-18 minutes at 350 degrees.

Remove from oven. Cover with 3 cups mini-marshmallows. Return this to hot oven for about 5 minutes to melt the marshmallows.

Cool.

Combine in heavy saucepan:
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
10 oz. bag of peanut butter chips

Heat until melted.

Add to the heavy saucepan:
2 cups Rice Krispies
12 oz. lightly salted peanuts

Put this mixture on the cooled crust. Cool and cut into squares.

My dear sister-in-law gave me this recipe decades ago.
It's a big hit with everyone and I hope you enjoy it too :smile2:

Good to see you!

Your recipe sounds delicious! I'm going to give it a try soon.....may have to take an extra dose of furosemide but then, "what would life be if one couldn't partake in one little pleasure?" :)

Thanks for all the friendly replies!

One minor "problem" with this delicious and fattening dessert is that when you bake the crust, you and your entire house will smell like that sweet baked crust for the rest of the day :eek2: Or maybe that's not really a problem :biggrin2:

Good to see you!

Your recipe sounds delicious! I'm going to give it a try soon.....may have to take an extra dose of furosemide but then, "what would life be if one couldn't partake in one little pleasure?" :)
It's good to see all of you too!

Speaking of furosemide, I remember that years ago when I was on furosemide, my pharmacist would always mention to me to be sure and, "Drink an extra glass of orange juice or eat an extra banana," every day that I took it.

Latest posts

Back