Rossers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

davidfortune

Intersesting - My surgeon put me on steroids (initially thru the swanz-ganz catheter, then orally) to beef up my transplanted pulmonary valve. That was a surprise to me. Anybody else with a Ross had the steroid treatment?

Just curious.

David,

They didn't do it on me, but mine was 6+ years ago. Maybe they should have! hehe

I know you were worried about your neck before you went in. How is it doing now?

Brad

Doc Ryan worked on me two years ago, however, I did not receive any steroids. Could be something new. Welcome to the Ross club. Best of luck with your recovery!
Doug

Brad,

Neck so far is good. The anesthesiologist was very attentive as I described my previous injury in "hyperanalytical David" (as somebody put it) style.... i.e. multiple stable fractures of the pedicles, facets, and verterbral bodies of C3, C4, C5.

He asked detailed questions about positioning that causes pain and indicated he would keep positioning more neutral than normal to try and help avoid pain.

It is cracking a bit more than normal but doesn't hurt too bad. The morning and night vicoprofen that I'm taking at this point I'm sure is helping prevent any more pain there too.

So far I'm very happy with it. Thanks for asking.

Doug/Brad - Sound like the steroids may be a relatively new thing... Seems like a good idea to me.

Maybe

Maybe

Soooo, that's why you bounced back so fast! I don't remember if Doc Ryan gave me steroids, but 'll ask my wife. It seems to me there was something.

Your the quickest back-bouncer I can remember. What are you doing on the Spyrometer?

Martin

davidfortune said:
Intersesting - My surgeon put me on steroids (initially thru the swanz-ganz catheter, then orally) to beef up my transplanted pulmonary valve. That was a surprise to me. Anybody else with a Ross had the steroid treatment?

Just curious.

No steroids for my valve. But as others have stated, mine was a few years ago.

How is the recovery going thus far?

Latest posts

Back