Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Ann, for the news about Ross. I am one of those folks who has nothing to do with Facebook, so this website is my only way to keep in touch. Even though I have never had the pleasure to meet Ross face to face, he is considered a very dear friend to me. I shall keep him in my prayers and continue to check here for more news.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the updates!
Ross is a fighter, and all our thoughts and prayers will help give him strength.

Rob

I'm glad to hear Ross is hanging in there and fighting the good fight! I will continue with my positive thoughts and prayers. God Bless Ross and the family.

Just in from Steve. Ross has pneumonia and infection in one lung and is receivibg aggressive antibiotic treatment. If his 02 drops again, he is in worse danger. Fever is up to 103. He is in/out of a-fib.

Just in from Steve. Ross has pneumonia and infection in one lung and is receivibg aggressive antibiotic treatment. If his 02 drops again, he is in worse danger. Fever is up to 103. He is in/out of a-fib.

Oh Boy....not happy to get this news. I really hope they can get things under control for Ross. Continuing thoughts and prayers for him and family.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Ann.

Ross has always 'been there' and I have always looked for his posts - full of good advice and good humor, despite having HUGE health challenges - just remembering the names of all the meds he is on would defeat most of us! I, too, am sending out positive vibes into the universe on his behalf. I hope the combined prayers of us all will be heard and that Ross will be back at the keyboard with some more stories to tell before too long.

I feel awful to hear how ill Ross is. He and his family are definitely in my thoughts. Prayers going out for them.

latest from Chris and Steve:
This was from Chris between 12:15-12:45pm:

Bp 137/57. still afib. has been stable around those#s since 10am according to the monitor. O2 90. They want to do a trache by mon but his breathing needs to improve to do so. The " peep" on vent needs to be around 5 for the trache. It is at 14-15.. And of course they need to lay him flat to do trach. Temp is about 102.2. "peep" is 2 help keep lungs expanded inbetween breaths and to help expell the gasses that need released. Once dad can breath with the ox set at 50-60 on (2/2) vent they can then start to reduce the "peep" but he also has to mantain o2 of min of 88 and up with the ox at 50-60.. Thats what resp. person said 2me.

Jackie, our son Jasper and I got there about 1pm. When I went in, BP was 127/71, O2 was 90. The oxygen on the vent was at 95 and peep was 14.

We had our lunch with mom and Chris in the waiting room. It was nice, and she was surprised and very thankful. It was nice to keep a Thanksgiving feel to the day for the family. As far as Ross goes, there wasn't any change between the time we got there and when we left. Just hanging in there.

JUST IN:

145/69. O2 83 100% ox on vent.. Just talked to nashawati. He said dads kidneys are failing still has infection.. Dr says "he feels dads not going to make it. This is the worst he has ever been" and " we neet to start makin plans on what were gonna do as far as resisitation.. Dr believes if he has to resisitate it may or may not safe him and will more likely do more damage.. ;('''. Dissyncrony with vent.. He isnt breathing WITH THE VENT..

THIS is what we have been afraid of. Ross said some time back that if he had to go into hospital again, he would not make it. So now, I guess we pray for him to be comfortable during his time here and for his family to have the peace they need. I do believe that Ross has peace and we can take comfort for ourselves from that, perhaps. Bless all of you for all you have been to Ross. I know he loved so many.

Bless his heart!
I saw your post, Ann, 2 days ago and I have been sending thoughts and prayers his way for the last few days. I hope he is comfortable.
Thank you for keeping this community informed, Ann.
Such a difficult time for his family.
So many reminded moments of his funny, caring, supportive words. I just hope his family can feel our support.

Marguerite

Ann,

Thank you for sharing. This is such a heartbreaking post to read. Can only continue my prayers for Ross and for a miracle.

Thinking of him and his family at this most difficult time.

Latest posts

Back