Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

I just received news that Ross went into hospital Fri night, is critical. He has a major bleed, has a blood clot in his stomach the size of a meatloaf. He is getting transfusions constantly, is under sedation. When there is further news, I will tell you what I know. Ross was a long time member so I thought you'd want to know. Please pray for his comfort.

I just received news that Ross went into hospital Fri night, is critical. He has a major bleed, has a blood clot in his stomach the size of a meatloaf. He is getting transfusions constantly, is under sedation. When there is further news, I will tell you what I know. Ross was a long time member so I thought you'd want to know. Please pray for his comfort.

I will certainly keep Ross in my thoughts and prayers. Keeping fingers crossed for him. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Ross and his family are in my thoughts......

He has been through so much.
Please let us know how he is doing.

Latest on Ross. Dr concerned he is getting pneumonia, has fever, has been put on antibiotics. He has gone into a-fib, heart rate is 160 - 180, they have given him amiodarone to control it. That's the latest that just came. Thank you for your prayers.

Update:
The oldest son, Jeremiah, is at the hospital and sent this text, as of 3:30pm:

nothing new yet, heart rate is steady around 106 +/-. Much better than what we saw earlier.

As of last night, Ross' son did not see any a-fib. Heart rate was 105+/-, bp was good. They were starting to bring him off sedation. He had a small fresh bleed but nurse said it wasn't bad. Temp was 100. O2 was 88. No further mention of pneumonia. No news so far this morning.

As of last night, Ross' son did not see any a-fib. Heart rate was 105+/-, bp was good. They were starting to bring him off sedation. He had a small fresh bleed but nurse said it wasn't bad. Temp was 100. O2 was 88. No further mention of pneumonia. No news so far this morning.

As the saying goes: "no news is good news".....praying that this is the case.

Dr thinks xray shows collapsed lung and is withdrawing fluid via tube. They took him off sedation and replacing with pain med. They plan to begin feeding since no bleeding is in the stomach. Just in intestines, I guess. That's where it began a couple weeks ago and was copious amt, according to Ross, at that time.

The boys are sending out msgs pretty fast so i may slow down and wait til several come in so you get a better picture and not bits and pieces.

Dr thinks xray shows collapsed lung and is withdrawing fluid via tube. They took him off sedation and replacing with pain med. They plan to begin feeding since no bleeding is in the stomach. Just in intestines, I guess. That's where it began a couple weeks ago and was copious amt, according to Ross, at that time.

The boys are sending out msgs pretty fast so i may slow down and wait til several come in so you get a better picture and not bits and pieces.

Thanks, Ann.

Latest posts

Back