Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Steve:

We are all at the hospital. We spoke with Dr. Nashawati at about 2:40pm.

Due to the nature of Ross's nearly non-existent lung functions, and the signs of kidney failure happening, on top of everything else...he does not believe Ross will survive. If they remove the ventilator, he said Ross would pass in 5 or 10 minutes, if that. Barring a miracle, we are left with the decision of when to let go.

I told dad about all of you being updated and sharing your love and support, so that he knows you're all with him.

Thank you all for everything you've become to my father. We know it's not over just yet...but we also know what is in front of us.

From Steve:

We are all at the hospital. We spoke with Dr. Nashawati at about 2:40pm.

Due to the nature of Ross's nearly non-existent lung functions, and the signs of kidney failure happening, on top of everything else...he does not believe Ross will survive. If they remove the ventilator, he said Ross would pass in 5 or 10 minutes, if that. Barring a miracle, we are left with the decision of when to let go.

I told dad about all of you being updated and sharing your love and support, so that he knows you're all with him.

Thank you all for everything you've become to my father. We know it's not over just yet...but we also know what is in front of us.

thank you for the update, Freddie.I truly am at a loss for words. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for Steve and family. I will pray that God gives them the strength to make the right decision.I remember Ross being one of the first to welcome me when I joined. He was always there to provide feedback and support. May he feel the love and support now.

thank you, Freddie. I appreciate you putting this in. I just got it and there is another one:

"We left the hospital to pick up Jasper. When we left, his BP was 99/50, O2 and heart rate were both averaging 80. The numbers aren't getting any better. I may be going back later tonight, not waiting until tomorrow"

Ross won't be alone tonight and he has been told of our thoughts, prayers and love. We have only heard of after the fact passing but are here now with Ross and we take heart that he knows somehow within himself that he has all of his angels (us) around him for a safe passage. It will be a liong night for the family and many of us. Blessings...

Hello old friends. Been ages since I have been on the board. Hope this note finds you well. Wanted to add, my thoughts are prayers are with Ross and his family. If you have been part of Vr.com for years, Ross was such an integral part of this site back in it's infancy. Will never forget how helpful he was to all.
Gina

I want to thank Mary for letting me know about Ross. What a shame, he has been thru so much and fought thru I keep praying once again Ross will amaze all the medical experts and be back online doing what he loved and enjoyed, helping others and even arguing. altho I know the chances get harder with each event, I can't help but hope he has 1 more miracle in him. I hope he is peacefull and in no pain right now as he battles.
Ross is a one of a kind and would be missed by many

I want to thank Mary for letting me know about Ross. What a shame, he has been thru so much and fought thru I keep praying once again Ross will amaze all the medical experts and be back online doing what he loved and enjoyed, helping others and even arguing. altho I know the chances get harder with each event, I can't help but hope he has 1 more miracle in him. I hope he is peacefull and in no pain right now as he battles.
Ross is a one of a kind and would be missed by many

It is so good to hear from you LynlW. You've been missed.
It is sad circumstance that brings you here but I hope all is well with you and your family.
I am so saddened about Ross. He helped so many and educated people like me who came here with so much to learn. I pray for him and his family..... they have been through so much.

Hi all.....
I know its been awhile since I have been here, but I wanted you all to know that Ross passed away this afternoon at 12:05 pm. His kidney function became extremely bad overnight and as his son Steve said, Ross had a DNR in place and it was decided to remove him from the vent. Ross passed within 5-10 minutes. I just wanted to let you all know as soon as possible and I share in everyone's sorrow and prayers for the family and friends that Ross loved so dearly....

Oh oh ohhhh. Thank you Harry. I have not seen this before and appreciate you telling us. Blessins, everybody. Now we can all grieve for a dear long time friend and think he is at a VR reunion.

Oh oh ohhhh. Thank you Harry. I have not seen this before and appreciate you telling us. Blessins, everybody. Now we can all grieve for a dear long time friend and think he is at a VR reunion.

Your Welcome Hensy.....The one consolation that I have is knowing that when I go in for my colon resection surgery, Ross will be there and will be cracking the jokes....Harrybaby is heartbroken but I know Gods will is not without a purpose and he knows we are grieving....Blessins right back at you :D

So sorry. Ross was a wonderful man, and a fun guy, who did much good for us, whether sharing information or giving us a good laugh with his delicious sense of humor. I hope someone with good background on him will start a thread for him in the "In Loving Memory" section. I'm sure it would have a bunch of entries. Blessings to Ross on his journey to a better place, and praying for family and friends for strength and for comfort to be found in a great many good memories.

My condolences to Ross's family and all that knew him. I never had the opportunity to chat with him, but based on all of the comments, he seemed like a remarkable man.

It's been a long while since I visited VR, but just want to share my condolences to everyone on our dear Ross. He was such a wonderful man and touched so many of our hearts. I will never forget him. He was such a ray of light in so many of our darkest days. Thoughts and prayers to his family and all of you here at VR.

Nicole aka The Little One (I believe it was Ross who gave me this nickname)
AVR & MVR and Tricuspid Repair 4-24-2002

So sorry. Ross was a wonderful man, and a fun guy, who did much good for us, whether sharing information or giving us a good laugh with his delicious sense of humor. I hope someone with good background on him will start a thread for him in the "In Loving Memory" section. I'm sure it would have a bunch of entries. Blessings to Ross on his journey to a better place, and praying for family and friends for strength and for comfort to be found in a great many good memories.

Ditto to everything Bob has said. Hank said he would start a thread in Loving Memory, but it might be a bit because he just learned of Ross's passing.

I just can't believe that this has happened....."RossMan" was my ray of light after surgery when I saw nothing but darkness around me.
He sure did have a heart of gold and an immense knowledge of cardiac issues that he so freely shared. Condolences to your family, RIP.

Haven't been here in a while wanted to offer my condolences to the family, really sadden by this, I agree with you Bina he was there for me too after surgery any questions I had he always had an answer, guided me through my first tooth extraction and he was my mentor on Coumadin, thank god he was there.

Thank you Anne and Harry for sharing this information with us,
To Ross's family -- please know that so many of us have lost a unique friend. We share in your sorrow and we will miss Ross very much.
There was one thread, many years ago about how it seemed especially deep; this connection we make with each other here because our connections are from our hearts. I know that Ross chimed in on that thread (he may have started the discussion) and made some thoughtful remarks. He seemed brought to truth by his condition -- he was so dependable in his personal truths.
Godspeed, Ross.
Love,
Marguerite

Latest posts

Back