Ross you are the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Ross is gone I will miss him and I thank him now for the contributions he made in the past. He will be missed. I do agree that Hank has to run this site as he sees fit and I look forward to continuing as a member of this excellent free website.

Hank has my full support.

Doug

Hank, thank-you for all your time and effort in building this site.
I will truly miss Ross. His knowledge and not to mention his humor will leave a empty space.
There's not much else one can say.

Hi All,

It been awhile since I've posted but Hank's recent emails caught my curiousity so I thought I'd check in to see what's going on. Whatever happened, both Hank and Ross have my gratitude for providing their support to me through this site when I really needed it, and best wishes to both of them for the future.

I'll second that!
70 views and nobody posts- nice, really nice.:angel:

I'm thinking that many weren't posting because they either:
didn't know what to say, or didn't comprehend what was going on.
My heartfelt thanks to Hank and Ross and all of the VR members who share their stories and knowledge. :)

I welcome the new site and can see that Ross is on there, he has been invaluable on this forum but we must move on, perhaps one person answering all posts can be a bad thing. I hope that there is not so much bickering going on between those concerned that both bulletin boards close down.
I for one have had a lot of information on this web site and have added my experiences where appropriate, I do note that there is a certain amount of duplication on the threads and those seeking advice etc. should search the site first. It is nearly all there already.
Good luck to both sites.

Am I the only member who didn't receive "the email" and doesn't have a clue as to what is going on?

No you are not alone but it does seem odd that I went to welcome a new member and did not have permission to view his/her profile but older members are no problem Barb I am going to look at my "junk" filters and folders in the meantime Hank kudos are due you from what I read here and gee I hope you had a great birthday

All I can say is this, regardless of what may have brought this on, it is time to get back to what we are here for, and that is to help people facing this ordeal of valve replacement surgery.
A number of our older members understand the value of a site like this, because when we were faced with this, nothing like this site existed.
So let's get back to it and put this behind us.
Rich

I truly second Rich's thoughts. I am one of those "older" members who is not very computer savvy. I stumbled on this forum about 3 1/2 years ago and it is the ONLY forum I visit. I thought then, and still do, how fortunate folks are to have access to support sites like this and you won't believe how much good info I have gotten from this site. I'll never understand the "inner workings" of sites like this and really don't want too. I only hope that this site continues in order to help those facing this surgery and the issues facing them post op. I appreciate the work that Ross has contributed and the foresight of Hank for creating the site.

Well, competition and choice can be good things. So good luck to those who have branched out, but as for me, valvereplacement.org will always be my home -- sort of like Planet Krypton, you know. :D

I'm thinking that many weren't posting because they either:
didn't know what to say, or didn't comprehend what was going on.
My heartfelt thanks to Hank and Ross and all of the VR members who share their stories and knowledge. :)

I sure fall into both groups, Bina--I must account for half a dozen view counts trying to figure it out.

I remain grateful to all who have contributed to this forum and most especially to those who kept it running.

Ross is a very valuable member of this forum. I consider him my good friend. He has given so much support to so many people! If that is HIS decision to leave the forum he has every right, but I will still miss his presence and his God given sense of humor! Anything that MAY TRANSPIRE between Hank and Ross, is (and should be) between them.

I also want to say thank you to Hank for having the vision, and compassion to start this wonderful support group. It has been a true comfort and help to me personally.

Ross you are "THE MAN."

Thanks Kathy. To me - It really comes down to this being an internet address that should never have the ability to cause anyone to fret. While it is a wonderful tool, it is not an important thing in life. The things that are really important to me are family, faith, friends and health. If we can use this medium to strengthen those things, then so be it, but if this medium endangers those things, then we need to alter our priorities.

But - This particular thread is about Ross being THE MAN!!! And he is indeed THE MAN!!! There is nobody better at moderating a forum...

Wow, I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to what was going on around here. I don't post as much as I used to, but obviously I missed something somewhere.

I've been a member here for a long time, almost from the beginning, and have to say that I have total respect and admiration for Hank. When there have been issues here in the past he has always reacted with wisdom, compassion and taken the "high road" in resolving disputes.

I'm proud to be a member here.

Mark

As a "relative" veteran all I can say is when I first needed help there was basically one forum there for me...this one. If I was in the same position today and there were two forums for information and support I would use both of them. IMO 2 is better than one. It never hurts to get more than one perspective on any issue. As I'm sure many of you know I am an out of control golfaholic and I belong to multiple golf forums. The first one I found is still the one I go to the majority of the time but it doesn't prevent me from participating at the other forums as well. I have too much respect for both Hank and Ross to even try and consider what happened, why it happened, who's right and who's wrong, etc. Both have and I hope will continue to provide this much needed service when it comes to helping anyone and everyone (new or old) who needs information and support about valve or related issues. Both need to be commended for their selfless actions and countless hours of time they have spent all in order to help people like you and me.

Bryan

I joined this site when it was new. Back in the old old forum. Hank had just started it and there was only 8 or 9 on. He was trying to get it going. After that when they changed it didn't show the original members or how long we had been on.
But I do want to tell Hank and the others how much they helped me after my surgery. I really needed this site and I hope I also in turn have helped a few others.

That being said, Ross came along and was our moderator and he has done an excellent job. Even after the years of experience with this I still had things come up and had questions. Ross was always right there for me. THe members on here are just a great source of information and I don't know of any other heart site that lasted this long and this successful. That speaks for itself.

I don't understand about the other site and why, but will visit it and just hope that it has the same agenda of helping that this site has had.

So, I think "the man" title is shared by two such men. Each in their own way! I do appreciate what each of you have done! I like many others would not have been capable and didn't even think to start a site like this.

Thanks to you both, Ross and Hank!

Am I the only member who didn't receive "the email" and doesn't have a clue as to what is going on?

Funny thing - I read the email today and couldn't figure out some of the other comments I read. Then I looked in my junk mail and saw the other one.

I truly hope that both sites continue to exist and coexist peacefully. I owe a tremendous amount to both Hank and Ross and will forever be grateful that both of them shared so much of themselves.

I didn't receive any e-mail from here either, Barb, and I don't have a clue what is going on.
All I know is this site has been so helpful and taught me so much when I badly needed the help.
I have respect and appreciation for Hank and Ross, both.

Sad to see a split but divorces happen, it is what it is.....both Ross and Hank have my gratitude for their contributions to the makeup of this forum.

In my short 3 months on this forum, the experienced members and my fellow newbies has been salvation for me for the anxious few weeks pre op and during the weeks of rehab

I Owe Ross much for dispelling untruths and helping me think through some decisions in pre op phase, guidance on forum use and of course his humour and dedication must be applauded, his dedication and caring made him a moderator unlike any other i have seen on any forum....Ross is unquestionably the man and has my thanks for what he did and how much he did.
I owe Hank for the vision and starting this forum, am sure Hank has also made many sacrifices in the years of duration of this forum....i only have a 3 month view

All the best to both Ross and Hank..i will not take sides.

Any and all internet resources like this forum and the other that allow exchange of information are a blessing for a heart patient.

I will follow Hank's suggestion and see if the two can be complementary.

Gil

I am fairly new here, so I have no clue as to what is going on. I did get the emails from Hank, so I checked out the other site. I did not realize that Ross would not be here at all anymore. That is too bad. His info has helped me alot. And, Hank, if you were the person instrumental in beginning VR, I owe you thanks. It has helped me so much over the last few months in dealing with my son's surgery.

I guess this is one of those things that takes a bit to process, mentally/emotionally (whichever) and then you're able to go on. From what I've read neither Hank or Ross are angry, resentful, bitter or even mad. So, let's all be happy that there's more available for heart valvers and support both of our friends.

Back