Ross with Dr. Stelzer 2/26/2002

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lanna

Hi, everyone. I was released 3.4.02 at 2:30 stayed overnight in NY and came the long (bouncy) ride home. Great to be home. Feeling sore, but making a steady recovery. THe calcification was more extreme than had what Dr. Stelzer thought and it took a little longer did not go to recovery until 4. Everything moved smoothly. Had a few minor things but we can fill you in later, when typing does not seem so much work. Thanks Sylvia for keeping everyone updated. John from Dr. Stelzer's office is aready seeing if I am okay. Great to know everyone is thinking of me in time of need.

Lanna
Ross Procedure 2/26/2002

Congratulations Lanna-

I'm so glad that everything went smoothly for you and you're on your way now. That's wonderful news! :)

Welcome Home

Welcome Home

Hi Lanna,

Glad to hear that everything went well for you and that you're now home recovering from your scccessful Ross procedure.

I was wondering if your surgery was still scheduled on the 26th. I hadn't seen any recent posts from you before I went in to U Penn on the 25th for catherization and then surgery on the 26th. I was operated on around 8 a.m. and taken to recovery around 11:30. What time were you being operated on?

Except for a bad reaction to the percocet, things went even better than I could have hoped. I only needed the aortic valve replacement and the mitral valve turned out to be okay.

I'm feeling great now and I hope you will be feeling much better very soon. Keep us posted.

Ron K

Lanna - Great to hear from you again. It sounds like you made it though without a glitch. Hope your continuous recovery is just as boring. Get well soon.

Hi, Ron K

Hi, Ron K

Yes it was still the 26th. There was so much going on and really tired the last couple of days it was hard to do the basics. KNow one the healing is done I hope to lookforward to lots of energy.

My surgery started prep at 6:30 and they surgery started around 7:20 out at 3:25 it was a good 8 hour surgery.

I am feeling pretty good, great will come after somemore healing. But over all and very happy with the surgery. I have my one week checkup Friday. Will keep you posted.

Hope you keep your speediily recovery up to. Take Care, Lanna

Hi Lanna,

It's good to read about you doing so well, except for the tiredness. Please, don't try to do too much too soon. Let the healing process happen. In fact, if you push too hard, it will probably slow down the recovery.

I hope you have a good support system in place. That's very important, too.

Wow! That was quite a long time to be in surgery, but I guess doing the Ross would have to take longer than a straight AVR.

Keep us updated on your progress when you get time.

Ron K.

hi lanna!
so glad to see you're home and well on your way to recovery. please thank carol for her updates. she was wonderful.
please say hi to john and dr. stelzer for us!!

hi ron!
so glad to see that you, too, are well on your way to a smooth recovery. please thank your daughter for keeping us abreast of your progress. my husband, joey, also had a horrible reaction to percoset. that stuff can be viscious!
it's great to have you both back here.
God bless and be well,
sylvia

Latest posts

Back