Rock Stars with Mech Valves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Thanks to @Timmay for sharing this, I didn't know

1660990892810.png

On his chest are more tattoos: the Chinese symbol for love and another that says SINN FEIN, the political wing of the Irish Republican Army. Between the tattoos, a bubbly seven-inch scar splits his sternum in two...
And so you lean in and hear a deep, resonant ticking, like a metronome keeping time in his chest...
“I find it very soothing,” says Schrody. “I like hearing it.”...
This beat began a year ago, the day Schrody completed Whitey Ford, the collection of hard-edged hip-hop and brooding blues and folk tunes that he knew would redefine him. It was that very evening when Schrody’s chest began to tighten. After more than five hours of Schrody laboring to breathe, his co-producer and friend John Gamble asked him whether he needed to go to the hospital. Unaware that his aorta had torn and that his heart was drowning in blood, Schrody said no; Gamble called for an ambulance anyway...

“They looked at me, tattoos and all that, and probably thought I was shooting dope or sniffin’ coke,” says Schrody, who has had a heart condition since birth. “Luckily my doctor is a consultant at the hospital they took me to, so they got my records pretty quick. If it had taken another twenty minutes, I’d be dead.”
When he awoke three days later with an artificial valve clicking in his chest, Schrody saw his mother and father, who divorced bitterly nine years ago, on either side of his bed. “And that’s when I knew it was really bad,” he says.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/erik-schrody-built-to-last-182773/

Thanks pel!

I’ve listened to so much Everlast in my life … especially when he went solo (away from House of Pain), grabbed a guitar and started a relaxed acoustic style.

Was kind of blown away when I discovered that he had emergency surgery and got a mech valve back in 1998. Too bad he’s not here to post a 25 year anniversary story next year. That would be bada$$.

Latest posts

Back