Roche Coaguchek XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicusp

Hello - Yep, now I'm on this side looking for advice. I could not find this topic listed. After the run-around from Insurance to Roche to all of the INR testing service providers. I just want to buy the equipment and necessary supplies (hopefully some covered by insurance) and do my own testing and monitoring. I don't need a leasing/rental service to assist in this very simple process. Besides eBay, has anyone found the best site to purchase new equipment & supplies? What is the best route to take? It appears in the US, they attempt to make this a difficult process to force Insurance Co's to pay monthly fee's forever. We should be able to buy direct from Roche, but not in the US! Thanks.

XS can be purchased on line (not least through eBay) and strips too. There are no fakes that I'm aware of.

Strips bought on line (on eBay or othewise) need to be clear about their use by date.

Some folks will have you believe that you need permission from your insurance company to do this, some folks get it through their insurance company.

regarding this:

We should be able to buy direct from Roche

why? Do you buy your car direct from Toyota or a dealer? What about your phone? Sure apple is a big company that liked to control the entire thing, but most companies work through retailers and dealers. Roche is a big drug company, I imagine that the last thing they want is to get into retail.

PS: eBay Auction in the USA

Last edited:
Besides eBay, has anyone found the best site to purchase new equipment & supplies?
I missed this bit in your post
I'm in Australia so there's not point in giving you the Australian site I buy from, but here it is anyway
https://www.medshop.com.au/products/coaguchek-reg-inrange-system
this is the latest model (and the price is in AU$) and it uses the XS system strips ... chalk it up to free market economy.

BTW, what's wrong with buying from eBay?

Last edited:
Hi

the XS or the new INRange?
the older XS is AU$699 which makes it a wee bit cheaper here (or dearer if you mean the INRange)
XS is no longer sold in the Greek market .The price is for INRange with the taxes 395 + 24% (tax) = 490 I know because I sell it so much and of course the profit margins of a store are small, I do not know if you know I have a store with medical supplies .
If I can help the members of the forum I will gladly do it.

XS can be purchased on line (not least through eBay) and strips too. There are no fakes that I'm aware of.

Strips bought on line (on eBay or othewise) need to be clear about their use by date.

Some folks will have you believe that you need permission from your insurance company to do this, some folks get it through their insurance company.

regarding this:

why? Do you buy your car direct from Toyota or a dealer? What about your phone? Sure apple is a big company that liked to control the entire thing, but most companies work through retailers and dealers. Roche is a big drug company, I imagine that the last thing they want is to get into retail.

PS: eBay Auction in the USA
Thanks. I was thinking electronics (not cars), for example you can buy direct from Samsung. My issue is that (at least in the US) it ends up being a somewhat price fixed market and where consumers are not allowed to purchase from the official distributors, only medical professionals. I spoke with Roche Corp and asked about the eBay versions. They said they are viewed as "knock-offs" and not covered by any manufacturer warranties. The distributors are set up to become money making schemes by offering a "service" and renting or leasing the equipment to you while billing the insurance company as much as possible on a monthly basis. This is not complex and I don't need a service. So, before I buy on my own, I'm checking to see if Insurance will cover anything since I will be saving them the lab fee's that would be required. And I definitely hit my max out of pocket this year!

Unicusp,
Sharing below link where this has been discussed before. As others have suggested, try Wilburn Medical which will sell you a Coag-Sense, not an XS though.

Remote INR taking over Coaguchek
Thanks. Lots to read! I did come upon Wilburn yesterday while searching. They sell both units, so why would they sell me one and not the other? Are both the Coag-Sense and XS equivalent in overall testing cost, quality and long term durability?

I may need to take you up on this offer! Please share your opinion of the different model options. Which sell the most and have the least amount of issues? Thanks!
I have the view that he was saying that to me in the context of the conversation we were having ... but I could well be wrong.

How long do you think the factory warranty would be? A year?
I can say that in the nearly 10 years I've had mine its had zero problems. It will in my view either work or not work. They don't "go out of tune".

Mines been dragged around the world a few times now. One fellow I know buys second hand where he lives in New Zealand ... these things either work or they don't.

each to their own however.

I spoke with Roche Corp and asked about the eBay versions. They said they are viewed as "knock-offs" and not covered by any manufacturer warranties.
bizzare ... so you'd better ask them about one bought from Australia or Greece ... might be not covered by warranty either.

also, I'm pretty sure when you buy a Samsung you buy it off a Samsung reatiler (or a phone company) and I doubt you're dealing with the manufacturer directly.

However with the vast majority of other consumer electronics you're buying off a retailer (hifi, tv, electronic bits and pieces) such as Amazon.

Last edited:
According to EU law, the warranty is two years on all devices. As far as I know for inrange they did not have any refund for repair within the warranty in 2020. If the device does not fall or get wet I think it can have many years of life. I think the reason for someone to buy a new device is to get a newer model on the market which may be easier to use and use newer reagents more reliably.
Because they consider it a medical device, I do not know if the warranty is international or it must be valid locally and I say that because when we sell a device we declare it to the drug agency and the company to know if something goes wrong such as a defective lot in the movies or device to be able to notify patients.
Unfortunately I can not sell abroad at the moment, if there was interest maybe in the future to do sales with ebay but I do not even know how it is done.The price for 24 stripes in Greece is 60 euros .

Back