Road Rash

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Took a spill on my bike this evening.:confused:
Road rash in several places.
Very colorful.:eek: :( ;) :mad: :eek:

No bleeding issues.:)
INR yesterday was 3.0.:)

Broken elbow.:(
No excessive swelling:)

Bruised ego.:confused:
No known cure.:rolleyes:

Tommy,
Sorry to hear of your fall. Ouch to the elbow and road rash. Hope things get better soon.

Tommy,
Falls always suck, get better soon.

How's the bike????????

Sorry to hear about your spill. Take it easy and let your elbow heal.

BTW Fishing is a lot less dangerous.:D

tommy said:
Took a spill on my bike this evening.:confused:
Road rash in several places.
Very colorful.:eek: :( ;) :mad: :eek:

No bleeding issues.:)
INR yesterday was 3.0.:)

Broken elbow.:(
No excessive swelling:)

Bruised ego.:confused:
No known cure.:rolleyes:

Oh, I hate to read this!:eek:
I've never known anyone to break an elbow, but I do know about road rash!
Will this mess up your race in May?
Heal quickly Tom!

Tom, so sorry to hear about your accident. The elbow sounds painful! Heal quickly friend. (How is a bruised ego affected by Coumadin?? :D)

OW, ow, ow!!! Sounds nasty! Obviously you are completely spunky or we wouldn't be seeing any humor out of you!! Hope this doesn't set you back for very long!

Road rash can be so painful!! My son had a friend wipe out on a long board, bare chested (not too smart, eh?). They were pulling gravel out of his back in Emergency and he had a nice long vacation with painkillers. An artist with a broken wrist.

I hope you weren't going too fast!! Take care!

Marguerite

Sorry about your accident.My grandson went down his concrete driveway ..sitting down with a pair of silk shorts on..you can guess where his road rash was..afterthe skateboard got away from him..:eek: Sore for about a month on his hiney:D Bonnie

Sorry to hear about the crash.

One thing worse than road rash is not having road rash. I was helping out in the ER one time with a woman who had been in a motorcycle wreck. The doc did not believe that she had been on a motorcycle because she was wearing shorts and had no road rash. However, the eyewitness said that this was because she was airborne when she splattered against the top of the "Speed Limit 55" sign and fell straight down to the ground.

Thanks everyone. I posted about the bike fall in "Active Lifestyles", but thought that the Coumadin aspect was worth mentioning in here. Again, adn still, no apparent issues due to anticoagulants.

The 5/29 triathlon looks like a no-go. Orthopedic appt Monday. Will know for sure then. Frankly I can't imagine swimming anytime soon. I'm expecting 6-8 weeks recovery based on my wife's experience with the same fracture a year ago.

Thanks all.

Ross said:
Dude better hold 3 doses and test every three days until the rash is gone. :rolleyes:

I'm much more concerned about his bruised ego bleeding all over the place.:eek: :eek: :eek: And when your ego is bruised and possilbly bleeding - just where does it bleed into????;) :D

Tom, that's disappointing that this could mess with your triathalon on the 29th. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Karlynn:The ego bleeds into the Id and sometimes the superego(according to Dr. Freud) Tommy: what bone exactly did you break in your elbow and did it require surgery? I'm always afraid of crashing on a bike!
LLJ

Tom:

Sorry to hear that you took a spill on your bike. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

A friend who hits nearly every organized bike ride in North Texas took a spill during a ride 3 years ago in Mineral Wells, thanks to gravel on the road. Injured her knee, no broken bones, though. She got to visit Palo Pinto General Hospital.

OUCH! Broke an elbow?! Do you have a cast? What a bummer. Hope you are feeling better soon!

--Janea

My partner in the clinic is a mountain biker who rides almost every day after work. I have heard and seen lots of spills. His wife runs marathons so they train together in the mountains. After they get above 11,000 feet on a rocky trail, they move at about the same speed.

Latest posts

Back