Reunion Agenda

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

Any serious ideas for agenda or speakers yet?

How about contacting a few of the people who are listed as VR patients on St. Jude's website? www.sjm.com "Patient & Family Stories"

I have tried to communicate with Rudy Galdonik (with no luck via e-mail or snail mail). Her story is compelling and she is also a motivational speaker. I had received an e-mail from her months ago and just haven't been able to connect with her. I mentioned the VR.COM Reunion and asked if she'd consider.

Should I keep trying? I don't want to be a nusiance.

How about contacting someone in SJM Public Relations for ideas?

Ideas for what they're worth...

Hope Marty Thomas, MD can attend!

If so...maybe he could speak on anticougulation topics.

How about it Marty?

In SAT I remember the most important topic was when and where to eat and when we finished, we started planning when and where to eat again.

Also high on the topic list was discussing ways to fudge on our self-imposed two drink limit.

Now those are important topics.

Dick's Agenda

Dick's Agenda

Hey Dick

I vote for your agenda. I've been told to gain 30 pounds, so eating is high on my list.

Keeping to two drinks is no problem - just bring bigger glasses.

Hi Everyone,

Good thing I was on the heart lung bypass machine. These days
I just can't seem to remember how many drinks I have had.

Rob

Memory problems Rob?

Memory problems Rob?

Hey Rob

Having memory problems?

Maybe it's your age - Can't be sure though cause you FORGOT to put your date of birth on your profile. You older than Fr. Bob?

Hi Billy,

umm... I didn't forget that.. I left it off as intended.

However, I am in my 51st yr of living.

Looking forward to having / tipping a few... or was that more.... with you when you get back to Nashville.

Rob

Now we know Rob

Now we know Rob

Half a century, but no birthday - see DickV doesn't have a birthday either!

Billy

I am 51 too, just like Rob. Also didn't put a birthday just like Rob, and have a SJ mechanical and graft, just like Rob and can't bench press mega weight anymore on Dr's orders, just like Rob.

Our tickers look like this.

Hi Dick,

Whew.... I am beginning to wonder... Did we drink from the same well and were we on the same diets? and to think, we thought we were doing our best to stay in the best physical condition.

Actually the doctors did tell me that had I not been in such good shape, I would not have survived the emergency surgery.

Sure is tough staying away from lifting like we used to. High rep sets have helped keep me toned, but I wont be building muscle mass any more. Sure miss those muscles burning away the excess calories, now I really have to watch my food intake.

Rob

Wish I could be there. I would definitely vote for Dick's agenda. Y'all remember to have fun!

Older but Better

Older but Better

...........and I have all my hair! Maybe we should talk about increasing the two drink limit. (or what would make that two drink limit jump to 4, 6, 8 or whatever. Maybe we need Virgil?)

And don't forget that Oct 11 is a very special day for me, so bring gifts!

Bob's surfaced at last.......

Bob's surfaced at last.......

Hey Bob

Thought you were never gonna get involved in this 'exchange.'

Rob, Dick and I all hope to be in TN for your 54th - Seen to
remember that three men brought gifts a long time ago and they were wise - Don't expect miracles on this occasion.

The gold and frankincense is up to Rob and Dick - I'll bring a 'mirror' so you can admire your hair. Soooooo appropriate for a man of the cloth don't you think.........

Hey Billy

Hey Billy

Somewhere I remember someone saying something like...beware of wise men bringing gifts. Not sure if I got that right.

But I know my buddy Dick will bring some good cigars........I wonder if the liquor stores or bars in Nashville sell anything better than "Ten High Bourbon" or other rat-gut?

Need to find us a great wine to celebrate our reunion and (of course) Father Bob's birthday! (By the way, I still can say the whole Mass in Latin!) As an altar boy, I used to swipe the unblessed hosts from the sacristy when I served 6:30am Mass before school. It was my breakfast.

Gifts

Gifts

It was Greeks bearing gifts, a warning to Caesar in Shakespeare's play. In other words, there are some hidden agenda!

Peter

Thanks Peter

Thanks Peter

........Thanks Peter.........Ya gotta watch those Greeks......and those Texans too!

gotta watch those Yankees

gotta watch those Yankees

Hey Bub,

What's up with you? You need someone to hold the bottle for you after the first couple drinks or what? :confused:

Rain

Hey Bob, I'll try to hang onto some Cugans. I actually smuggled some of them OUT of the US into Brazil this week. I'm in Rio. Tough duty, not.

Hey Gina, how's your stash??

Nashville or bust.

Latest posts

Back