Resting heart rate

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Xtremlee

My resting heart rate before surgery 15 years ago was 60. It went up after surgery but came back down. Now it will drop to 49-55. Anyone else with a resting heart rate that low?

John-3919

My resting heart rate is generally in the 50's, and when I'm sleeping it falls to the low 40's.

On a recent halter monitor I was assigned to wear, they recorded my heart rate as low as 42.

When I spoke to the Dr. about it, they said if it's normal for you there's nothing to be concerned about.

Rapidman

My resting heart rate is generally in the 50's, and when I'm sleeping it falls to the low 40's.

On a recent halter monitor I was assigned to wear, they recorded my heart rate as low as 42.

When I spoke to the Dr. about it, they said if it's normal for you there's nothing to be concerned about.
My preop rate was also around 60 then went up post surgery now my resting is averaging 45. Cardio hasn’t been concerned as long as it isn’t causing symptoms, specifically light headedness.

epstns

Premium User
VR.org Supporter
It would help if you could tell us a bit about yourself. Prior to my aortic valve replacement, my resting heart rate would often hover in the upper 40's to low 50's BPM. We (cardio and I) attributed it to the fact that I was a runner for some 30+ years by that time.

Maybe that was true, but I have no way to know how my heart rate (would have) performed after valve surgery because during my surgery, the nerve bundle that connects the atria to the ventricles was damaged. I had such varied rate and rhythm issues immediately after surgery (trust me . . . it is NO fun to watch your hospital monitor screen go "flat-line") that I had a pacemaker implanted. My resting heart rate now stays at no less than 60 BPM, except for the time one of my leads failed. Then I went down to 48 BPM until the pacer was adjusted and ultimately the lead and pacemaker were replaced.

Latest posts