Replaced aortic valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum Amanda.
We are glad that you found us too.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Odds are that others have experienced similar issues and feelings that you are dealing with and I'm sure that you'll get some helpful answers.

And congratulations on making it to the other side! You've gone through the hardest part already!

..and the only dumb question is the one that is not asked;).
As an aside, I wonder how many people even understand that anymore. Few correctly differentiate dumb from stupid.

1647895553418.png

for instance the phrase "Dumb Animals" is not about their intelligence, its about their inability to explain their situation to (for instance) authority.

Amanda, I am in week 6 from my second OHS, and yes, the first couple weeks are the toughest without a doubt, but it gets better and I have found the time to go fast. So far, everything is going well and I have followed all advice from my physicians to try to avoid any setbacks. So far so good.

Just to me clear, Pellicle and I are teasing each other about warfarin myths. Warfarin does not make one's hair fall out, or anything else fall off or out for that matter- but they are some of the myths that you might hear out there, along with many other myths.

Warfarin does not make one's hair fall out, or anything else fall off or out for that matter
some amusing threads (well they amused me, probably the original askers were asking in good faith)

https://www.valvereplacement.org/threads/warfarin-causes-dementia.887582/post-898206
and of course
I'm always cautious about what people find on the internet, by volume I'd say 99.99% of sites (a conservative estimate) are simply fluff or at best mindless copiers of content to attract hits and thus generate revenue. You'll find long lists of what side effects "may be" associated with warfarin. Everything from erectile dysfunction through to hair loss.

Correlation can be found in many things, so just because you are on warfarin (and more people are every day) does not mean that "may be accociated with" has anything to do with causation:

8.png

and more worrying ...
CHZjUdQWsAAxbQX.jpg

My view is that Remaining Alive will expose you eventually to many new things, and so because warfarin will have a significant positive effect on your remaining alive (and no kidding, studies have shown this) it is therefore (by association) possible that warfarin "may be associated" with: wrinkles, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, Alzheimers, appetite loss, weight gain, diabetes, bone density loss, cognitive impairment, halitosis, joint pain, incontinence and alcoholism (be like me, don't go to meetings ... then you're simply a drunk) .

Basically warfarins only crime is being effective and being mismanaged by medical and other morons (aka clinics and bozo patients).

Test and know thyself

Latest posts

Back