Remembering members from a long time ago and wondering where they are now.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerlily

Hi, I've been gone a long time from this forum myself. I just recently came back after getting some disturbing results on my last echo. I posted about that in another area. I was wondering about several people I use to see here all the time back in 06. I can't remember all their names but one I do remember is Tobaccotwo. He hasn't been active in three years. Does anyone know how he is doing? Also, I remember a lady who had her heart valve replacement (tissue) about the same time that I did in March 06. She was from Washington state as I remember and would be about the same age as me, 63 or 62. I wish I could remember her user name. She was very active here back then. Oh well, hopefully, I can find them again. Thanks.

I've missed TobagoTwo as well, and I remember he was active here and very well informed on heart issues. Hope he is well. Sure would like to have him reconnect with us.

Was the lady by chance Marguerite? Haven't heard from her in a while either.

I haven't looked since Hank updated the board software, but IIRC the older versions of the software had a search function on the member list that allowed searching by location or state. I haven't had time to look at the current version, but that could help locate members from WA state.

Many of our long-time members have drifted away. Some went to another board because they were not happy with some of the rules here (primarily related to political discussions), but others I think have just moved on with their lives. I'm glad we had them while we did, but I do miss some of the friendly banter that used to accompany the heart-related discussions.

I also think many formerly active members spend more of their time on FaceBook and other such networking sites.

P.S. We don't mention the name of that other board in open threads, but if you want the info, PM me.

I remember you Tigerlily, you posted quite a lot. I was here till 09, when I had to leave to pay big debt and came back when it was over. Welcome back. Sorry you are having a time. But we are all here to support you. Have a blessed day. :)

Superbob;n865995 said:
I've missed TobagoTwo as well, and I remember he was active here and very well informed on heart issues. Hope he is well. Sure would like to have him reconnect with us.

Was the lady by chance Marguerite? Haven't heard from her in a while either.

Yes, it was Marguerite53. I figured that out somehow. I'd love to hear from Tobagotwo. He was very knowledgeable and helped me a lot. Thanks for replying Superbob.

carolinemc;n865998 said:
I remember you Tigerlily, you posted quite a lot. I was here till 09, when I had to leave to pay big debt and came back when it was over. Welcome back. Sorry you are having a time. But we are all here to support you. Have a blessed day. :)

Hi Carolinemc, like a lot of members, I drifted away to attend to other things in my life when I had recovered enough. I also have a problem with obsessing over my health so sometimes these boards aren't the best thing for me once I begin to get better. Thank you for the welcome back.

Hi,
Just another long time member here, since 2001, lurk more than post these days, life does get in to way sometimes, especially as you become more active and engaging in new experiences.

Rob.

Great to see you all here missed you guys!!!
I wonder how many will remember me without my avatar..

Speaking of old-timers, here I am SuperBob, Rob, and Tigerlily! l haven't been on in a few years now, but I remember you all well. I haven't scrolled through, so I didn't catch everyone.
I have had my 8 yr anniversary last February, and 4 yrs ago I began to get arrhythmias again and I had another ablation and was put on flecainide. I am now being taken off this med though, and praying that I tolerate it's lack.
I hope you are doing well physically and mentally. I have found that many of us don't truly appreciate how cardio thoracic surgery can affect one. Preop I denied all feeling, and because of this it has taken me years to swim back to the surface.
It is almost like I'm just now realizing that I'm still here.
Hoping to chat more , with you and everyone else :)
Now, I just need to donate so I can put my previous 'Unicorn Avatar" back up. That particular photo is from the CS. Lewis Narnia book 'The Last Battle ', the Unicorn has a bit of blood on the tip of his horn.
Good day..and welll met,!!

WOW..... Hi Dina,

Yes I do remember you. Especially your Avatar, It did help jog this old memory, too many surgeries and heart/lung by-pass machines. LOL!
Couldn't fit the two I had last December on my signature area. Had two TVAR's and my SMA dissected while in surgery, so had to have that repaired. Ugh!
But, enjoying life, and don't dwell on it. My mind still thinks I am healthly and 18.

Hope you get to enjoying some fun in life too!

Rob

Tigerlily, glad you are back and come in when you can. Your advice is golden no matter what. I try to when I can. Been busy trying to back on track on my weight and health. It is hard some days but I have good ones more often. Hugs for today. :)

Latest posts

Back