rectal bleeding

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha 1

has anyone ever had any rectal bleeding a few weeks after their surgery, without being on blood thinners, could this be a complication of the surgery or maybe from medication??????????????????
alpha 1

Is he constipated? has be been constipated? Bright red blood and if so, how much? Most likely an irritated hemorrhoid.

Most of us were constipated thanks to the pain killers. Try some Colace stool softener and tell him be gentle wiping.

we have been using the colace and he really isnt constipated he kind of actually had loose stools in the hospital, so i just dont know.
alpha

aspirin

aspirin

hi again adam is only on 81 mg of aspirin, you would think that he would be on something more than that after the surgery, but that is it, wonder if it is from that amiodarone?
alpha

Hope things get better soon, sorry you are going through all these bumps, take care and give Adam a big hug.

alpha 1 said:
has anyone ever had any rectal bleeding a few weeks after their surgery...

Yup, sure have. Mine was from irritated hemorrhoids. Either constipation or diarrhea can cause that. Lots of fiber helps.

I've never heard of rectal bleeding as a side effect of medication, though I suppose any thing's possible.

ccf

ccf

we went back to cc for a post op check up last monday the 14th, they said everything was looking good but on the blood work the white cell count was up so when we came back on wed we had to have another blood test to see if it was bacterial or viral so it ended up being viral and it had gone down a lot in 2 days and he had a sinus infection/sore throat/temperature/so that is probibly what it was from. we are going back to the cardio here tomarrow, cc wanted them to do a echo so we had that done here on monday, i think they wanted to get him off the amiodarone, his ef was 30/35 when he left cc and when we had it taken on mon it was like a 35/40 so the doctor looked at the echo, and thought it looked good and said it should get back to normal it would just take time and he wants to see all of the medicine he is on so maybe he can take him off of the amiodarone, i dont know for sure he will tell us tomarrow, if not he should only be on it for 3 more weeks. it scares me but i dont know what to do. i will call you if its ok in the next few days, i got the sinus thing from adam so i kind of been under the weather last few days.
thanks rachel
alpha 1

Latest posts

Back