Recovering alone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been reading through many of your posts and have found it very informative.
I tried to do a search in the post surgery forums to see if anyone had recovered on thier own but I didnt find much.

So I guess what im asking is .... Has any one recovered from aortic valve replacment on thier own?

It sounds like most people have others to tend to thier needs, im sure this isnt the case for all members.

Any info would be nice..

Thanks in advance.... Paul:rolleyes:
I am in the same boat brother and I think this is a massively under estimated under served topic

I have been reading through many of your posts and have found it very informative.
I tried to do a search in the post surgery forums to see if anyone had recovered on thier own but I didnt find much.

So I guess what im asking is .... Has any one recovered from aortic valve replacment on thier own?

It sounds like most people have others to tend to thier needs, im sure this isnt the case for all members.

Any info would be nice..

I'm assuming whether I'm here in Asia or the states that I'll be recovering alone unless I hire help. I don't want to depend on friends and I don't really have much in the way of family and I've lived alone for 21 years. The whole Prospect scares the hell out of me. I've got a friend back in the States a young kid in his thirties he said he's had to go through the same thing he's got a few family members but he said friends have their own life he's single and alone as well he's had to go through various atrial fibrillation or arrhythmia type surgeries and procedures on its own

I am 54 and had double bypass at 38, recovered on my own and was happy I was alone. I get grouchy when people are around. I have always been this way for many years. When you have your bad days, you do not want anyone around. Newwarrior, you can do this by yourself. go on walks, get out and about. You do not have to stay indoors during recovery. What did you do before surgery? Try to slowly go back to that activity or more. You will be fine. I did it, a lot of us did it, and so can you. And I love being single female. No one to tell me what to do, no kids to worry about, and no husband to hover over me. Single life is not bad. You just need to get out and meet people. You can have a female friend. You can have girlfriends. You do not have to be married. Get out. Have fun.
I still haven't had surgery at the time I made my comments I just been diagnosed a month or two before part of me does get grouchy around people as well I'm a cat person. I'm extremely physically fit so I'm assuming like Chuck who just had surgery that I'll be recovering quickly if it when I have to have it I just crossed over from Mob moderate to moderate last year but I've been having a lot of weird symptoms luckily I'm fanatical about my health hardcore vegan diet low weight low blood pressure aggressive about screenings medication exercise

Any info would be nice..

I kinda have that situation too. I've spoken to a nurse at my insurance co - yup in the US you don't necessarily get what you need but what your ins will cover. She advised to stay out of assisted health care facilities (covid) & take at home assistance very preferably

AMEN!

Rachel ... glad someone else feels similar to how I do about this.

*sighs*

I believe I mentioned it to Ann, during our visit while I was on my road trip a few weeks ago now, that I get so frustrated with people posting how important it is to have a significant other (wife/gf/husband/bf, whatever) to help you through the entire process/difficult times. Well, some of us aren't so lucky....

*grumbles*

And, yes, I know ... I sound disastrously bitter, but I promise you, I'm not. I'm just tired of society, in general, treating singles like dirt.

*rolls eyes*

Course, to that end, I've been told I just need sex. And, oh how I love it when someone says that to me ... and then doesn't have any idea of a female who might be able AND willing to help me out on that stage...he heh.

Irony rocks.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = Cort's Web Pages
"Your friends have shown a kink in the single life" ... The Raconteurs ... 'Steady As She Goes'

How did you shower. take BPs, temps, get weights? I get planning ahead, frozen meals, just don't clean the house for a week or 2, BTW this isn't my 1st rodeo, it's my 2nd AVR. Feed pets? I did have a complication the 1st time - pericardial effusion. The 1st week if you can, have a visiting nurse help out & monitor your condition. In the US you go when it is convenient for the hospital (3am once) I was told to hopefully get as much co-operation from your surgeon re: immediate post-surgery issues.

How did you shower. take BPs, temps, get weights? I get planning ahead, frozen meals, just don't clean the house for a week or 2, BTW this isn't my 1st rodeo, it's my 2nd AVR. Feed pets? I did have a complication the 1st time - pericardial effusion. The 1st week if you can, have a visiting nurse help out & monitor your condition. In the US you go when it is convenient for the hospital (3am once) I was told to hopefully get as much co-operation from your surgeon re: immediate post-surgery issues.
or move to Canada before the AVR, JUST JOKING!

I am 70, but in US Medicare will not pay for low risk patients to have TAVR. I am a candidate for a TAVR trial, as that seems to be the only way I can have it. Certainly don't have Mick Jagger type money to pay out-of-pocket.
I was given a choice, TAVR or total replacement. Since I'm 66 yrs old I'm going with total replacement with an Inspiris Resilia, with the plan of having an easier TAVR later on if necessary. This valve has built in TAVR insertion availability.

Latest posts

Back