Recommendations for a home INR tester

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

heartburst

I've had my mechanical valve for 2 1/2 years now and life is good. I've been meaning to get myself a home tester, as I've been going to the lab every several weeks. I think it's now time I stop putting it off. I'm in the LA area. Any recommendations for a good machine?

tom in MO

I use a Coaguchek XS with no complaints. If you have insurance like mine, they will dictate the meter and the provider.

alesia

Question for anyone in Canada even Vancouver Island. I have been trying to get myself a INR meter and called almost every pharmacy, A couple of them have strips but no meters. So where or how did you buy yours......

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
alesia;n886160 said:
Question for anyone in Canada even Vancouver Island. I have been trying to get myself a INR meter and called almost every pharmacy, A couple of them have strips but no meters. So where or how did you buy yours......
just a thought from an Australian: when I was looking to buy strips the pharmacies I called sold them but for (no joke) 4 times more than I bought them from online.

https://www.coaguchek.ca/coaguchek_patient/landing

So try online searching :)

tom in MO

I'd make sure that you buy the meter from an authorized supplier. That's the only way you can be assured you're not getting someone's deceased relatives meter. I found my MIL's meter in her house, which was a wreck and been unoccupied at ambient temperature for 6 years. I threw it out.

Latest posts