Recent levels

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ron

It's so nice to hear from you. Please know that I will be praying for a good outcome with your recent dealings. Did I read that you may need to have a new defibrillator implanted? Hope they have it all figured out.

As for my daily dose....pretty stable on 6mg or 6-1/2 mg straight. If I start alternating it does become a 'roller coaster'.

We are thinking about you and hope you can join us next time in Las Vegas. Looking forward. Year seems like a long time to me at this point. A lot of well needed changes on the horizon.

Take care:)

Cardiologist Favors Self Testing

Cardiologist Favors Self Testing

Thanks Nancy and Gina for your kind words re: ALice a new Coumadin patient. I thought it was interesting that the best cardiologist in the best group in this area trusts the coaguchek as much as he does the high powered hospital lab a few steps from his office! I really think he believes it is up to us folks on blood thinners to regulate ourselves. The cardiologists are busy saving lives in the ICU and their staff is busy and harrassed. Surely we can help them out and ourselves too. Warm regards Marty

High low INR

High low INR

Hi folks. First time on this forum. Had my aortic valve replaced with Medtronic unit in 1994. I'm curious about, what seems to me at least, the high INR readings you folk are looking for. My cardiologist first had me at 2.5 to 3.5 for the first couple of years and then has brought me down to my present level of 1.8 to 2.2. It has been at this level for the last couple of years and "it feels good". I take 2.5 mg Monday through Saturday and 5 mg on Sunday. Seems to work for me, am I being too reckless?

Back