Re-ordering supplies

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

I was getting low on supplies so called QAS. They had to check with United Health Care..since it was the first order this year..It took a week. :eek: Computer mess up, ect. with United Health Care. Finally, confirmed I am on the 80%..they pay and I pay 20%..so I ordered 25 cuvettes today..Should last a long time.. :) but a good suggestion from QAS. :p :p .Order again in December to keep from getting the hassle of having to be approved with your first order of the new year..Maybe it will be late 2005 before I have to get approved again. Bonnie

Good idea Bonnie.

Did you have to pay up front?

BC still has not reimbursed me from my January QAS supply order even after three phone calls.

I lost my appeal for full payment with BC but at least I am confident the case was presented adequately. Maybe some day......Medicare I understand is covering everything.

I will try to time my orders to do one in December.

Donna

Donna

Donna

QAS takes my credit card over the phone for my 20%. $60.00..They will get a check from my insurance for the remainder. :D :D I will get a statement from Unitedhealth care..showing they paid it. Bonnie

Okay, so I'm wondering why the heck United HC told me just last week that they had an in-network provider (See my Ultra Care thread) and that QAS was now out of net and would apply to my $500 out-of-network deductible.

Karlynn

Karlynn

If you would like to call Unitedhealth..you may use my name, ect. and tell them what I'm getting..QAS supplies, they pay 80%..ect. My card says Unitedhealthcare..DELTA on front.. I live in Georgia......Good luck. Bonnie

Karlynn:

UHC of Illinois has accepted Ultra Care as being in network. Not all UHC divisions have an in-network provider. That's what I've pieced together over the past 2 days.

However, I wonder if you can file an appeal to keep getting supplies from QAS. I received a very lengthy message yesterday from QAS on my recorder at home, saying that QAS was in network from 1999 until the end of 2003. UHC apparently decided to pare down its list of in-network med supply providers and eliminated QAS. So, in its wisdom, UHC of Illinois has decided that since a medical equipment supplies provider in the Chicago area now carries microcoagulation equipment & supplies, that all insured must purchase items from that company. Even though its contracted rate is 50% higher than QAS' non-contracted rate. I was told that QAS got $10/test cuvette last year; Ultra Care is getting about $18.

If you could argue that UHC of Illinois would be SAVING money by letting you go out of network, perhaps, just perhaps, you might prevail.

This would make a great news story on a newspaper's business section cover!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I thought insurance companies based almost all decisions on the bottom line. Guess they're sitting on their brains nowadays.

BTW Marsha

BTW Marsha

Why does United Health pay 90% of your supplies and 80% of mine? :D :D Just kidding, I am happy..$60.00 a year for supplies. Cannot beat that. :) Bonnie

Back